Compensation Business Partner at Symantec
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, California
The Rewards organization is a strategic business partner that aligns roles, goals, feedback and rewards to build momentum for company growth and influence the right outcomes. As a member of the team, the Compensation Business Partner is responsible for driving progress in alignment with our mission through the development, implementation, administration and governance of Symantec s global compensation programs, balancing market competitiveness, financial value and employee preferences.
There are four areas of focus for this role:
1. Business Acumen in an Evolving Landscape: As a foundation for consultation, this role is responsible for having a strong understanding of the Enterprise Security client business, organization structure/strategy, and talent context. Examples include:
* Understands and can articulate what is important, the work that adds value, and priorities for the business.
* Arrives at understanding through strong listening skills and inquiry.
2. Research and Analysis: In close partnership with clients, this role performs internal and external research to identify relevant market practices, issues, trends and metrics as a basis for improved leadership decisions, rewards outcomes, and Symantec s reward strategy. Examples include:
* Applies thorough understanding of statutory/regulatory requirements, regional employee preferences and country practices to determine competitiveness of the rewards offer.
* Analyzes and interprets compensation salary reference data from multiple survey sources for use in recommending pay levels and to conduct competitive analyses.
* Drives participation in regional and global compensation benchmark surveys end to end, including collection of data, matching to surveys, and report out of results.
* Regularly evaluating effectiveness for the right business strategy, this role takes ownership of job analysis and evaluation for client groups, both proactively and as requested.
* Designs and delivers high impact programs with global reach, such as the annual performance and pay review / compensation focal.
* Contributes to the efficient management of compensation team operations, solving for team effectiveness and scale
3. Insight and Scenario Modeling: By transforming research data into insightful findings, this role will provide strategic leadership consultation through the identification and presentation of multiple solutions to address issues with carefully considered pros/cons. Examples include:
* Partners with line management at all levels and with the broader HR organization (HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, HR Information Management) to drive best in class performance and pay leadership as measured by quality of manager decisions.
* Using various compensation and organizational design metrics, presents trends and makes recommendations to all levels of line management that drive improved manager decision-making.
4. Influencing for Optimal Outcomes: Through the combination of business acumen and research/insights to inform decisions, this role will use inquiry to influence the decision-making process while balancing market competitiveness, financial value and employee preferences for all stakeholders. The successful candidate develops programs and solutions with broad impact, rather than solving simply for the current transaction. Examples include:
* Develops and delivers compensation training and communications for various audiences that improve understanding and execution in accordance with Symantec s performance and pay strategy.
* Works in collaboration with extended team partners to drive components of cross-organizational and company-wide initiatives, such as the annual Performance and Pay Review.
* Collaborates with Enterprise Security leaders, HR business partners and other stakeholders to deliver business solutions in a compensation context that solve for short and long-term impact.
Experience and skills desired:
* Bachelor s degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Resources, Finance, Business or related field. Masters or MBA is a plus.
* 8-10 years of progressive experience in Compensation
* Effectively manages multiple, competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment
* Strong track record of building trust by influencing partners towards optimal decisions
* Effective written and verbal communication skills at all levels of management are a must
* Leads with solutions and ideas through partnership with various teams
* Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
* Strong organizational skills with great accuracy and attention to detail
* Advanced level Excel skills and working proficiency with HR systems such as Workday and compensation survey tools (e.g. Radford, MarketPay)
* Working proficiency with compensation fundamentals (demonstrated understanding, such as some coursework toward CCP, is a plus)
* Confidentially manages highly sensitive information
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.