Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pecos, Texas
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Measurement Tech within our Permian Primary group based in Pecos, Texas.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for maintaining and calibrating gas measurement equipment, scheduling using Maximo and conducting gas analysis. Candidate will be responsible for minor repairs and supervising contract personnel for major repairs to insure quality and cost maintenance.
* Calibration and maintenance of electronic gas flow measurement devices
* Operation and maintenance of a portable gas chromatograph (GC)
* Schedule, conduct, report and perform gas calibration and sampling tests
* Order, receive and stock parts associated with metering equipment
* Perform calculations for optimal orifice plate sizes
* Ability to respond to call out requests and work irregular hours as needed for maintenance or emergency situations
* Witness gas calibrations and gas analysis
* 3-5 years gas measurement experience with working knowledge of gas/oil production equipment with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors & the public
* Working knowledge of gas sales meters and test equipment
* Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems, solve minor mechanical problems, and perform root cause failure analysis
* Knowledge of or familiarity with AGA/GPA Gas Measurement Guidelines, BLM and COGCC regulatory requirements.
* Ability to perform preventative maintenance
* Experience in basic troubleshooting of automation and electrical gas measurement equipment
* Experience with flow computer configuration software
* Competent in Microsoft PC programs and willingness to learn or have competence with Oxy applications
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V