Director, Ambulatory Care Experience at Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Edison, New Jersey
DIRECTOR, AMBULATORY CARE EXPERIENCE
Hackensack University Medical Center
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Drives cultural transformation and unifies quality, safety and ambulatory care experience strategies to improve care delivery
Generic Leadership Responsibilities:
1. Provides strategic leadership to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies; for the Office of Experience with specific focus on vision and strategic deployment.
2. Interprets, communicates, and ensures the implementation of the Experience Division\'s mission, vision, and values.
3. Participates in the development of and compliance with administrative policies and procedures that govern operations.
4. Role models and encourages professional and leadership development.
5. Ensures programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
6. Supervises the activities and team members of the specified areas of responsibility.
7. Coordinates and directs the development and implementation of annual operating and capital budgets related to the areas of responsibility.
8. Recruits, hires, and supervises competent leadership and team members.
9. Acts as a role model for all standards of behavior and leadership competencies.
10. Assumes other duties, projects, and committees as assigned.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
1. Deploys initiatives that promote and sustain a vision of excellence across the Ambulatory spectrum of care and collaborates with network leaders to achieve expected results.
2. Implements models of care that build upon the networks\' excellent clinical outcomes, improves satisfaction, increases team member and physician engagement and retention, strengthens the network\'s brand, and improves the bottom line.
3. Partners with consumers, physicians, clinical and support team members, volunteers, stakeholder groups, and community health care partners to implement a human experience strategy.
4. Serves as a passionate change agent to design, orchestrate, and improve the human experience across the complex range of individual interactions and spectrum of care.
5. Maintains a clear understanding of the organization\'s customer\'s wants, needs, and desires in order to advocate for the consumer in all key decisions.
6. Engages network leadership and frontline medical team members to implement a network-wide high-reliability strategy that supports the active involvement of the individual, family and significant others in treatment and clinical care plans.
7. Supports Human Resources and leadership in the implementation of creative strategies for team member partnership.
8. Work with all departments to ensure care is consistently person-centered by partnering with caregivers to exceed the expectations of the person, family and significant others.
9. Implements human experience initiatives that provide safe, quality, respectful and empathetic service while demonstrating compassion for the individual, their family and significant others to make HMH a recognized leader in human experience among top performing health networks.
10. Transforms key concepts of service excellence and satisfaction into actionable programs and quality metrics that can be standardized across the network.
11. Ensures that leading edge innovation and evidence based practices are integrated into highly reliable standards of practice by engaging team members in process improvements to enhance the continuum of care.
12. Addresses all aspects of the human experience including clinical care, physical environment, emotional and spiritual needs of the individual, their family and significant others through team member interactions and communication.
13. Supports an environment that promotes both an extraordinary experience for individuals, their families and significant others; and a satisfying and energizing working environment for team members.
14. Participates on councils and in other innovative opportunities to bring the voice and opinion of our customers into the organization.
15. Participates within the network to promote cross-functional improvements that enhance the human experience.
16. Ensures transitions in care across the health care spectrum embed the human experience in clinical systems and practices.
17. Identifies service gaps by accurately assessing current experiences and recommend network-wide endeavors to close those service gaps.
18. Deploys programs that accurately gauge satisfaction, while reducing waste and providing value in health care delivery.
19. Deploys amenity offerings while continually assessing programs for potential improvements; considers and incorporates the needs of culturally diverse populations; ensures effective communication with individuals regarding amenity offerings and services provided.
20. Participates in the assessment of satisfaction and engages the network in continually improving satisfaction levels.
21. Implements educational and coaching plans according to identified needs using approved tools.
1. Bachelors required;
2. 5+ years\' leadership experience
1. Demonstrated commitment to education and performance improvement.
2. Demonstrated experience in effectively managing change with a commitment to quality and service improvement.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the enterprise.
4. Ability to think strategically with strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
5. Capacity to foster an engaged work force through creating a positive, collaborative work environment.
6. Aptitude to be a key advocate and change agent in the forefront of continuous health care improvement, to shape the future of the health care delivery and to influence the way human experience is both conceptualized and embedded in practice.
7. Skills necessary to ensure the integration and alignment of human experience strategies with leaders across the enterprise.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Masters preferred (Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field).
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.