Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wall, New Jersey
Hackensack University Medical Center
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
How have you impacted someones life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Medical Receptionist at Meridian includes:
* The primary role of the Medical Receptionist is to provide reception and clerical services under the supervision of the practice manager and physician(s) for the patients and visitors of the practice. These services may include billing, collections, referrals, appointments, patient contact, and general secretarial duties.
* We take pride in providing excellent customer service. To help promote high levels of service, all team members greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. At each patient encounter, team members respond promptly to patients needs and listen with empathy both in person and on the telephone. As a leader, the supervisor must lead by example.
* Checks in patients; consistently and courteously verifies and obtains required demographic information. Collects copayment and any applicable balances; Verifies insurance eligibility; Ensures appropriate referrals are obtained (specialty offices); Ensures patient completes appropriate paperwork including but not limited to face sheet, ABN, and HIPAA forms; Accurately enters patient demographic information in billing/computer system.
* All aspects of the checkout process are completed accurately and timely, and in a friendly manner. Reviews charge slip; posts charges/payments into system; collects current and past due balance(s); schedules future appointment(s); initiates referral process.
* Assists with financial responsibilities including: keeping abreast of reimbursement and billing procedures; accurately verifies information on audit journal; prepares bank deposits and credit card batches; signs and dates completed daily cash receipts log and summary and verifies and signs off on all money collected. These tasks are completed with accuracy, timeliness, and with little or no supervision. Ensures that collected monies are stored safely according to practice protocol.
* Maintains efficient and accurate filing and record maintenance system. Assembles new patient folders and retrieves/returns records according to protocol if on paper. Follows protocols established for EMR for scanning/filing documents.
* Monitors general office supply inventory and equipment. Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, when supplies are low. Alerts manager of equipment malfunctions. Assists with unpacking, storing, and/or distribution of supplies upon delivery.
* Receives and directs all communication courteously and consistently and according to HIPAA guidelines and office policy. Telephones are answered within three rings; calls are placed on hold appropriately; identifies themselves and the practice; doesn t leave phones unattended. Records complete written (or EMR) messages legibly. Ensures that messages are delivered and followed up on in a timely manner. Schedules appointments as per office protocol.
* Team Work in a practice is critical to our success. As such, all team members must display cooperative interactions with others and accepts responsibility for what needs to get done.Team members perform a broad range of assignments with efficiency and accuracy and in a positive manner.
* This position also serves as a preloader for our EMR system.
High School diploma or equivalent is required Secretarial science education or comparable experience. Post high school courses in medical terminology 2 years experience in a medical office preferred CPR certification a plus. The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
Valid drivers license is required to facilitate travel between 2 locations. Knowledge of OBGYN preferred. Knowledge of EMR a plus.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.