Mechanical Design Engineer IV at HAECO Americas
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and \\"HAECO Americas\\" standards of quality, while providing technical guidance to design staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO is involved. Assist and guide Engineers in accomplishing designs.
* Develop well-defined HAECO statements of work from limited customer provided specification information and aircraft surveys.
* Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems to determine the most efficient method of modification or alteration.
* Develop and produce design data required for the proper manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications and components.
* Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
* Lead design teams from a technical point of view and review and check the design data produced by design engineers.
* Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by acting as a mentor/resource.
* Coordinate Certification and Substantiation activities for the Engineering UM s and ODA staff.
* Serve as subject matter resource on multiple design types to other engineers within HAECO .
* Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer & HAECO requirements are met.
* Interface with the Substantiation group and ODA representatives to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory criteria.
* Convert limited modification specification information into engineering design data for use in part manufacturing and installation.
* Support various design review meetings with customers.
* Provide technical support to HAECO manufacturing during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed designs.
* Provide support and supervision during installation of modifications at remote locations.
* Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and customer interface.
* Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
* Maintain and expand expertise in aircraft industry design concepts and standards consistent with HAECO s work scope environment.
* Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with HAECO internal policies and procedures.
* Coordinate, in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO technical & commercial interests.
* Must be able to work autonomously on complex design tasks.
* BS Degree in Engineering or related scientific field, or equivalent combination of experience and coursework.
* Ten (10) years industry experience in engineering field, preferably dealing in the design of modifications to transport category aircraft.
* Minimum five (5) years experience utilizing Solidworks (or comparable CAD program) with demonstrable proficiency.
* Must possess knowledge of FAA regulations, certification processes and related requirements.
* Must possess comprehensive knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper application in design.
* Must possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, finite element modeling (FEM), 3D-computer modeling, and other analytical substantiation techniques.
* Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office.
* Must have extensive knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, SRM s, MM s, SB s, IPC s, WD s, etc.
* Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Master s Degree in Engineering
HAECO Americas is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.