Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women s and children s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
Job Title: Financial Analyst (Intermediate)
Reports To: Divisional Finance Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for accounting and preparation of financial statements, analysis and commentary for assigned contracts as well as supporting payment and payroll cycle tasks and other related items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
* Performs monthly accounting responsibilities for assigned contracts:
* Analyzes information received from Division billing coordinator team and/or billing company information to inform current month estimate of volume.
* Analyzes information received from scheduling system to inform current month estimate of provider coverage.
* Evaluates CPV changes received from billing company to understand impacts of changes in payor mix, acuity, collections, and fee schedule changes for commercial patients, etc. Reviews CPV summary received from Corporate Accounting to ensure that changes on latest billing company close cycle are accurate and that rate used for current month estimate is reasonable.
* Evaluates provider compensation rates for regular fees to ensure that current month estimate is accurate using the following:
* Latest trends based on payroll processed during the month
* Changes in contracted rates for practice
* Changes in providers scheduled such as use of Locums, PT providers, physician coverage of MLP shifts
* Evaluates physician bonus accruals to ensure monthly expense contained in estimate file is accurate given type of plan and key drivers. Ensures that prior month s accruals that have not been paid out are adjusted as needed to reflect results of actual results for revenue, provider compensation and other expenses (i.e. the non-estimate portion of accrued bonus expense is accurate and complete).
* Ensures that increased compensation is recorded accurately based on information received from scheduling department reviews information from scheduling to ensure information appears reasonable given information obtained to determine average provider compensation rate.
* Ensures that director fees are adequately accrued for in estimate file and reflect latest compensation agreements.
* Reconciles balance sheet accounts, revenue accounts and prepare monthly support schedules and account analysis.
* Reviews payroll costing report for assigned locations to ensure that provider compensation is reflected in appropriate GL account given pay element and that providers are appropriately coded to the correct contract for each work assignment. Also ensures that reported provider hours are accurate. Proposes journal entries as needed to adjust and/or reclassify financial amounts and/or hours of coverage.
* Prepares subsidy billing information and sends to billing team in Dallas; for locations not able to be billed in concurrent month, ensures that estimate file reflects accurate accrual for subsidy revenue. Follows up on unbilled subsidy in following month to ensure that accurate bill is calculated and sent to hospital for payment as appropriate.
* Ensures all outstanding accruals that have not been settled are up-to-date based on latest information.
* Completes monthly journal entries as needed and sends to Corporate Accounting to posts. Reviews entries posted by Corporate Accounting to ensure that entry recorded correctly.
* Reconciles balance sheet accounts and prepares monthly support schedules and account analysis.
* Performs financial analysis on assigned contracts
* Reviews all significant variances in the following areas relative to trend and/or budget/forecast.
* As part of monthly closing responsibilities, provides written commentary on assigned contracts for Division Finance Manager and Director.
* Publishes monthly financial reporting package to assigned EVP and Client Admin personnel. Financial reporting package should include comparative financial statements as well as summary of key variances for each contract as appropriate.
* Processes accounts payable invoices for assigned contracts according to Corporate policies.
* Prepares calculation of bonus payments as applicable and presents payments to Division Finance and Operational Leadership for approval.
* Provides support to the Physician and midlevel providers regarding payroll concerns.
* Develops understanding of all newly assigned contracts including pro-forma assumptions. Works with Client Administration, Recruiting, and Scheduling to understand any key updates to the pro-forma assumptions and ensures that these are taken into account for all new starts during the initial month of accounting.
* Assist management team in tracking latest forecast metrics, particularly those tied to provider coverage and compensation
* Supports Audit Requests and general ledger research as needed
* Works with divisional HR Department to manage divisional payroll accounts.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every EmCare employee who deals with information systems. It is the responsibility of every employee to: Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Comply with Information Systems security policies, standards and procedures. Use all available protections to safeguard computer systems under their charge from unauthorized access. Report all suspicious requests, incidents, and situations
* BS/BA in finance or accounting required and CPA preferred.
* Three or more years experience as an Accountant in a multi-company, multi-location environment helpful.
* General ledger close for multiple entities, forecasting, financial reporting, account analysis and account reconciliation experience required.
* Oracle and Outlooksoft experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Excel and Word required.
* Must have effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to develop analysis of accounts and financial statements with limited supervision.
* Ability to work with others in a high volume, fast paced environment.