Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
This position is responsible for preparing and overseeing complex tax returns, income tax provision workpapers, and buy/sell activity calculations. This position manages staff as well as audits and special projects.
* Prepare/oversee preparation of complex federal and state partnership tax returns.
* Prepare/oversee preparation of complex federal and multi-state income tax returns for consolidated and non-consolidated C-corporations.
* Review tax returns and workpapers.
* Collaborate with other departments involving the sale and disposal of partnerships.
* Prepare/oversee preparation of buy/sell calculations and workpapers related to partnership membership interest changes.
* Assist in the preparation and analysis of income tax provision related workpapers.
* Engage in and/or manage special projects as needed.
* Conduct tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
* Manage audits with IRS and state agencies.
* Ensure timely and appropriate responses to IRS and state tax notices and inquiries.
* Proactively interact with other departments and center personnel to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for process improvements.
* Regular and reliable attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
* Proficient in OneSource Income Tax or equivalent tax software
* ASC 740/tax provision experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years tax experience, some public accounting firm experience recommended. CPA certification required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners' success
Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.