Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pecos, Texas
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Ops/Reliability Specialist based in Pecos, Texas.
Responsible for insuring Oxy measurement standards are complied with and authoring any necessary updates. Excellent communication skills to resolve issues and recover any product differences. Measurement Specialist will work with numerous different oil/gas/contractors to resolve issues and communicate with teams. Candidate will be responsible for minor repairs and supervising Oxy/contract personnel for major repairs to insure quality and cost maintenance. Stay current with new technology, current industry standards and communicate to teams.
* 5 years gas/oil measurement experience with working knowledge of gas/oil production equipment with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors & the public
* Clear knowledge and understanding of API MPMS Measurement Standards
* Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems, and perform root cause failure analysis.
* Knowledge of or familiarity with AGA/GPA Gas Measurement Guidelines.
* Knowledge of On Shore Orders 4, 5, and 6 regulatory requirements on Federal Leases (BLM and NMOCD)
* Candidate will be required to work closely with the New Mexico BLM to ensure that all guidelines are being followed.
* Clear understanding of LACT Units, Tank Gauging and Run Tickets
* Must be willing to perform Measurement Training for Lease Operators.
* Must be able to document and record audit findings and take corrective actions.
* Must be able to work closely with Oxy s Regulatory Department
* Experience in basic troubleshooting of automation and electrical gas/oil measurement equipment.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Experience in resolving measurement differences with oil production and gas transporters.
* Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point computer programs. Good verbal and email communication skills.
* Must be able to respond to call out situations.
* High School Grad or GED
* Must be able to take ownership role in the Oxy Measurement Program
* Must be a self starter
* More oil measurement experience would be a plus
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V