Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
* Coordinate, design, implement and participate in all aspects of the program activities and services that strengthen the adult learner s development that is related to successful school completion and post-secondary entry/re-entry, including developing programming and directing center participation in identified community events
* Provide 1:1 and group advising for the FAFSA and FSA ID, academic, career, college guidance assistance to participants in Leavenworth County
* Conduct workshops and presentations to participating schools and community partners using independent judgement and discretion on the scheduling, topics, and format
* Work with guidance counselors and community members familiar with potential participants who may not have a GED
* Actively participate in the development of EOC literature and distribute in target areas
* Establish and maintain contacts with community partners
* Monitor student participation and ensure program goals and objectives are being met
* Maintain comprehensive and accurate records and documentation regarding participant
* Compile and analyze data, prepare/submit reports in a timely manner to Director, and assist with all required reports, including the Annual Performance (APR) for the US Department of Education
* Provide continual program evaluation and conduct on-going assessment of program needs and makes necessary modifications
* Coordinate college visits on a recurrent basis
* Acts as spokesperson for project in working with public agencies, civic organizations and local businesses in publicizing to the target community
* Network and work with professional staff from KU-EOC
* Attend local, state, regional and national conferences
* Participate in the Center for Educational Opportunity Programs (CEOP) quarterly meetings and events
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
* Bachelor s degree in education, and one year experience counseling or related field at time of appointment.
* Experience working with target population in coordinating and implementing advising meetings, workshops/presentations and/or programming.
* Knowledge of the college application and financial aid processes, the FAFSA, Financial Literacy and other relevant educational resources.
* Demonstrated experience exercising basic human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the target participants, community partners, university community and the public.
Eric Patterson, email@example.com
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas, medical center campuses).