Director of Nursing Services at Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: PERTH AMBOY, New Jersey
DIRECTOR OF NURSING SERVICES
Raritan Bay Medical Center
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
On-Call As Needed
How have you impacted someone*s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey*s premier healthcare system.
Responsible for the planning, organization, administration and coordination of activities related to the development/participation for Magnet status and special projects within the Division of Nursing. Utilizes the principles of Pride in Caring in all interactions. This position helps to support the strategic planning of the CNO and other Nursing leaders at RBMC. The focus would be to monitor issues impacting nursing, formulating recommendations in conjunction with Human Resources
* Responsible for overall development and sustaining of Magnet program with in the Division of Nursing.
* Identifies key targets for special projects and Magnet Status program in conjunction with leadership and staff. Proposes new ideas for projects and creates policies proposals for their implementation.
* Establishes and periodically reevaluates the standards of nursing practice related to Magnet status.
* Demonstrates team-building for success of attaining Magnet Status and for implementation of other projects.
* Develops goals and objectives on an annual basis.
* Seeks ways to improve project outcomes through modification of hospital infrastructure and involvement of medical staff and leadership.
* Serves as a role model/mentor through practice and behavior and participated in informal and formal training of staff.
* Seeks opportunities to develop and organize community education programs regarding special projects, working with Community Relations, as needed to develop marketing programs.
* Participates with Medical Center committees and public programs as requested
* Plans, submits and reviews financial data for budget support for operations, revenue and expenses of special projects. Where appropriate presents clearly documented variance.
* Graduate of accredited nursing program
* Licensed and currently licensed as a nursing professional in the state of new jersey
* BS and Master Degree in Nursing preferred
* Five years Nursing experience in administrative and or supervisory capacity
* Proficiency with extensive computer applications required
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.