Housekeeping at Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wall, New Jersey
HMH RESIDENTIAL CARE INC
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
On Call Work
On-Call As Needed
Four of 6
The Housekeeper performs assigned duties in accordance with facility policies and procedures, and state/federal guidelines to ensure facility is clean, the floors are maintained, and linen is cleaned and distributed for residents. The Housekeeper must also follow all guidelines for Infection Control as per OSHA.
1. Must perform housekeeping duties:
* Trash is disposed of and garbage is emptied as per assignment.
* Provides clean and sanitary living conditions for the Residents and staff.
* Empties trash from Resident rooms.
* Cleans dining room, tables and chairs.
* Cleans utility room.
* Cleans and checks supplies in Resident rooms.
* Cleans bathrooms available according to Resident presence.
2. Maintains all cleaning equipment.
* Housekeeping carts are clean and stocked. Floor equipment is in good repair.
* Closets are clean and organized.
3. Chemicals are properly stored - follows facility policies and procedures for chemical use.
4. Completes cleaning and carbonizing assignments adequately.
5. Complete floor cleaning and maintenance tasks as assigned:
* Dusts and mops all floors, main corridor, days rooms, hallways, dining rooms and PT room.
* Cleans, mops and resupplies restrooms, tubrooms.
* Takes trash off all floors.
* Picks up outside ground area.
* Sweeps and mops stairwells.
6. Responsible for a full range of laundry duties to maintain a fresh linen supply and care of residents personal clothing:
* Secures soiled linen hampers and clothing from designated areas and transport to laundry in covered containers.
* Sorts and washes linen and clothing.
* Dries and folds linen and clothing and returns to supply area and patient room.
* Maintains hampers and carts in clean, sanitary condition.
Able to read, write and speak English and follow oral and written instructions.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.