St. Vincent's Home Health Occupational Therapist (Full Time) at Envision Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
St. Vincent\'s Home Health
St. Vincent s Home Health has a
Full Time Occupational Therapist
opportunity in Birmingham!
WE RE PROUD TO OFFER:
* Outstanding Pay *
* Health Benefits Including Medical, Dental, Vision *
* Life Insurance *
* ST/LT Disability Coverage *
* Tuition Reimbursement *
* 401K Match *
* Generous PTO Accrual *
* Room for Professional Growth *
* Mileage Reimbursement *
* Extensive Training Program *
* Company-Paid Tablet & Cell Phone *
* Positive Work/Life Balance *
* Exceptionally Supportive Leadership *
IF YOU\'RE SEEKING A FULFILLING CAREER IN A CARING ENVIRONMENT, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
A licensed professional who provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates patients care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Evaluated occupational roles and occupational performance of patients with physical, psychosocial and/or cognitive impairments. Provides intervention to deficits and elicits responses. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
* Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
* Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
* Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
* Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
* Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments (Agency/OASIS); evaluates sensory-motor neuromuscular, psychosocial, and cognitive-perceptual components of occupational behavior. Assesses physical, social, safety, and cultural components of the patient s occupational environment. Teaches client/family disease process and treatments needed. Fabricates and maintains adaptive equipment and hand splints
* Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients needs and desires, including home health aide and COTA supervision
* Documents, prepares, and completes a Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis, including identification of therapy barriers and desired outcomes and goal setting; revises the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data; plans for discharge of patients
* Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
* Current State License as an Occupational Therapist (OT)
* Valid Driver s License.
* Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
Knowledge and Skills:
* Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of durable medical equipment