Pharmacy Technician , Full Time , Clinton Township at Envision Healthcare
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Clinton Township, Michigan
Reverence Home Health and Hospice, an Ascension Health at Home Company,
Has an immediate opening for a Full Time
Pharmacy Technician in the Clinton Township Area.
This position prepares medications, maintains the compounding area and equipment, and monitors inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists the pharmacists in maintaining federal, state, and local laws, accrediting body standards, and Policies and Procedures.
* Performs IV admixtures sterility testing in accordance with policy, maintains appropriate documentation.
* Assists the pharmacists in the preparation and labeling of medications as allowed by law.
* Prepares sterile parenteral solutions following appropriate aseptic technique and obtaining required checks by pharmacists
* Appropriate assembly of drugs and supplies by matching codes and quantities from the compounding document
* Correct labeling of products
* Checking the final product for the absence of particulate matter and container integrity
* Ensuring compounded product gets matched to the right delivery just prior to shipping
* Conducts quality control and sterility testing.
* Assists the pharmacist in maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
* Orders, receives and stores medication and supplies.
* Performs physical inventories according to Policy and Procedures.
* Maintains pharmacy records including filing and documenting required information on dispensing records.
* Maintains and tracks DME and other equipment including cleaning and calibration activities.
* Cleans work areas routinely in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Communicates appropriately with all members of the healthcare team.
* Documents appropriately according to AHAH Policy and Procedures, all activities using required paperwork (logs).
* Participates in Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance activities education programs and department/branch meetings.
* Serves as Process Owner as assigned.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Under no circumstances may a pharmacy technician mix medications or provide service without a licensed pharmacist present.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Some college preferred
* Some states require a pharmacy technician or license.
* Current CPR certification required if involved with direct patient care.
* One (1) year IV experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Basic computer and math skills.