Scribe Site Supervisor - Columbia at Envision Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hudson, New York
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women s and children s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
The Scribe Site Supervisor will supervise the Scribe staff at Columbia Memorial Hospital in the Emergency Department, this includes overseeing performance (training, mentoring, coaching); managing the Scribe schedule and time accounting; and acting as a central point of contact between the Scribes and the Regional Manager. In addition, the Scribe Site Supervisor continues to work clinical scribe shifts at the same location to provide scribe services at the direction of a Physician or Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Provider or Physician Assistant) allowing the provider to spend more time with the patient, work more productively, and produce accurate and thorough documentation in real-time. A Scribe does not act independently, but documents the provider s previously determined dictation and/or activities in the electronic medical record (EMR).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK/VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree preferred. Biology coursework at the undergraduate level or above required; Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology coursework preferred
* A minimum of 6 months experience as a Scribe required. Experience training/mentoring Scribes preferred
* A minimum of 1 year of work experience in healthcare field may be considered in lieu of education requirement
* At least 100 hours of work, volunteer, or shadowing experience in the healthcare field required
* Experience in a direct patient care environment preferred, i.e. EMT, scribe, clinical technician in a hospital, medical assistant in a doctor s office
* Prior experience in a supervisory role preferred
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Proven proficiency as a Scribe
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Excellent listening and note-taking skills
* Strong understanding of the operations of the Emergency Department
* Strong understanding of medical terminology and general medical knowledge
* Demonstrated strong customer service skills
* Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet set deadlines
* Demonstrated detail orientation and accuracy
* Strong technical skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
* All hospital sites are 24 hour operations. As the Scribe Site Supervisor, you will work various days of the week and shifts, this will include, weekends, some holiday shifts, and may include overnights.
* As a Supervisor, you must have the ability to work outside of scheduled Scribe shifts to complete duties including the ability to work every other Sunday from 8 am until 10 am to approve payroll
* We offer a collaborative team culture with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including an outstanding 401(k) match, medical, vision, dental and life insurance, and a tuition reimbursement program.
* All candidates must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Be sure to include any clinical medical experience you have (paid or volunteer). The cover letter should be 2-3 paragraphs explaining why you feel you are a good fit for the position. It will be regarded as a sample of your writing.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled