Scheduling Associate at Envision Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women s and children s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
Job Title: Scheduling Associate
Reports To: Division Manager, Scheduling Manager or Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Under direct supervision the Scheduling Associate will place calls to providers to determine availability, assist Scheduling Coordinators with filling immediate and urgent opens, perform data entry for such facilities that are Director written, process payroll for payroll-only facilities, provide basic reporting functions, reconcile scheduled hours to actual hours for clinicians, and perform other duties as assigned by Scheduling Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
* Under direct supervision learns the scheduling process, primarily for contacting providers for availability and processing payroll.
* Not assigned specific accounts or after hours responsibilities. No requirement for after-hours communications or devices.
* Performs data entry for hospitals that are schedule entry only.
* Processes payroll for payroll-processing-only facilities.
* Reviews actual hours versus scheduled hours for all other facilities differences and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the corresponding Scheduling Coordinator for correction.
* Performs basic cyclical reporting for management such as; Open Shift reports, Over/Under reports, Provider Adjusted Summary reports, Compensation Reports, and Summary of Hours reports, etc.
* Prints and processes schedules as needed to assist Scheduling Coordinators.
* Reviews contracts for provider rates and status. Ensures pay sheets and available systems have most recent information entered and that system information matches.
* Assists Scheduling Coordinator by employing extensive and frequent verbal and written communications with internal and external stakeholders, requiring professionalism and tact, to attain or provide all needed information quickly in order to ensure hospital schedules are provided to all concerned parties. Provides excellent customer service in accordance with EmCare s customer service standards to all internal and external parties.
* Completes the reconciliation of all paid hours versus scheduled hours, processes the summary of hours, and enters in correct payroll folder for verification and delivery to the payroll department.
* Assist Scheduling Coordinators with filling immediate and urgent opens due to call-offs or surges.
* Attend and participate in all team related meetings, work diligently to support company-wide and team goals; participates in problem-solving and positively supports and adheres to corporate and division management decisions; demonstrates trust and respect for other team members.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in related field preferred.
* Scheduling or project management experience a plus.
* Related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to take direction and quickly adapt to established guidelines, is self-directed and is successful in working in a high paced environment.
* Strong organization skills and attention to details are essential.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Able to communicate and present information to a wide variety of parties effectively.
Demonstrated proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook; and conducting research using various websites