Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Req ID: 108803
Entity: Ascension at Home
Ascension At Home is looking for a Hospice Coding Specialist to join our team
This position serves as the resident expert for the diagnosis assignment and sequencing of all designated hospice cases. Primary responsibility is to accurately assign ICD-10 codes to HIS and recertifications. This position will also serve on project teams as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Complete Hospice case coding in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with all regulatory concerns.
* Provides initial primary diagnosis ICD 10 codes to liaisons/admission coordinators.
* Adherence to all official coding guidelines, as well as Medicare/PPS guidelines related to coding.
* Reviews patient chart for history and physical, HIS documentation, and other chart forms as necessary to ensure accurate coding of HIS.
* Ability to operate in multiple documentation platforms and computer software programs.
* Identifies areas of concern and reports to Director of Clinical Quality Improvement.
* Other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Quality Improvement.
* Participates in orientation activities as needed.
* Problem solves with leadership and care managers in areas of expertise.
* Develops communication and training materials as needed.
* Conducts individual and group presentations.
* Demonstrates critical and system thinking skills.
* Initiates and maintains communication with all members of the team.
* Responds to change with optimism and a willingness to move forward with initiatives.
* Maintains required competencies and certifications.
* Actively seeks and participates in learning opportunities.
* Shares expertise with peers and colleagues.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures
* Functions within the job description of his/her position.
* Maintains a professional appearance and a business-like attitude.
* Supports Ascension at Home mission, vision, and values.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* High school graduate.
* Must be CCS, RHIT or HCS-D certified.
* Maintains CPR certification as a condition of continued employment.
* Current Driver s License, car insurance and reliable transportation
* At least 1-2 years ICD 10 Coding
* At least 6 months experience in ICD-10 hospice coding preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of coding practices and official guidelines, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology required.
* Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with all parties in patient care and leadership.
* Possess highly effective organization skills to handle multiple tasks with changing demands and priorities.
* Demonstrates ability to work independently, elicit support as needed and to complete assignments in a timely manner.