Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: North Bergen, New Jersey
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The role of Manager, Retail Accounting is accountable for overseeing the activities performed by the Retail Accountants, including:
* Reconciliation of retail sales and payments for 400 plus stores
* Accounting for Wholesale & Licensing arrangements
* Review accounting for marketing initiatives to ensure compliance with GAAP
* Reviewing balance sheet accounts, including gift card liability, credit card receivables, store cash accounts, judgmental reserves for Markdowns and Returns
* Review journal entries during the month end close ensuring Coach s deadline is met
* Review monthly dashboard reporting for accuracy and unusual trends including Tender Analysis, Returns Analysis, Bad Debt/Chargebacks, Over and Short, etc.
* Daily store support and sales audit functions
* Evaluate cross brand processes and recommend best practices
In addition, this individual will be responsible for the following:
* Ensuring compliance with SOX requirements
* Preparing quarterly financial statement analysis for management s review
* Special projects and ad hoc reporting as requested from internal and external businesses
* Assisting with System Development and Implementation Projects, including implementation of new Sales Audit, Inventory Management, General Ledger and Lease Accounting Systems
* Drive efficiencies by continuously challenging current thinking and constantly evaluating processes and systems to ensure operations and control environments are efficient and effective
* Coordinate all escheatment filings
* Reconciliation of Order Management system to ensure proper accounting treatment
* Manage and review all internal and external auditors request
* Learn process flow of all transactions in order to be able to get into the detail when issues need to be researched
* Manage the statutory audit of Coach s Puerto Rico subsidiary
* Ensure all new POS transactions and Retail initiatives are in compliance with GAAP policies and procedures.
The accomplished individual will possess:
* Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent team player who works extremely well in a collaborative environment
* Attention to detail and delivery focused
* Willingness to understand transactional details and apply to the larger picture
* Strong desire to learn
* B.S. or M.S. in Accounting
* 5 years or more of experience
* Ability to multi task and strong organizational skills.
* Strong pc skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
An outstanding professional will have:
* Big 4 Experience or Public Accounting with Retail Experience
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent credential
* SAP and ReconNet experience a plus.
* Experience with systems implementation a plus.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-AH1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.