Maintenance Mechanic-2nd Shift at The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael RayTM Nutrish , Meow Mix , Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
To provide mechanical and basic electrical services required for the maintaining and troubleshooting of all production and facility machinery and equipment as well as fabricating, modifying and/or installing machinery and equipment as required. To assist in other areas of skills or trades as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NOTE: These requirements describe the main duties of the job, but are not considered a detailed description of every duty that may be assigned or required to be performed.
* To attend all in house seminars and training to keep abreast of all improvements, modifications and changes to equipment, procedures and tasks. This includes having a current license to operate platform lifts and forklifts.
* To properly complete all required documentation including parts requisitions, repair orders and work logs in an accurate and timely manner.
* To work with different types of people and attitudes on a day to day basis, maintaining a professional and working relationship with other employees.
* To maintain a clean, safe work environment, making sure that after every repair or task is completed; your work area is clean before the end of your shift.
* To have a working knowledge of the different cannery process equipment and the components of the equipment so quality repairs can be completed safely and with minimal downtime.
* To be observant to detect and report potential machinery component failures to avoid process downtime.
* To be observant and willing to suggest changes or modifications on process machinery to help and improve effciencies.
* To work in all assigned areas as needed.
* To complete all work in a safe and quality manner; ensuring all policies, regulations and standards are followed.
* To install and troubleshoot production and facility equipment throughout all areas of the plant.
* To disassemble and repair or rebuild all mechanical machine components such as but not limited to gearboxes, bearings, roller chains, sprockets, vari-speed reducers, hydraulic and pneumatic motors and cylinders as well as various pumps used in the production processes.
* To satisfactorily perform welding repairs on various types of metal parts and fabricated equipment using different welding processes including T.I.G., M.I.G., oxy-acetylene and plasma-arc.
* To maintain proper fluid and lubrication levels in all equipment, in the scheduled work area, including gearboxes, airline lubricators, automatic greasers, etc. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Must have a high school degree or GED.
Must have a 3 to 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.