Lead Controls Innovation Engineer at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements. TEGTA16
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities for in-house machine build projects include:
* Participating in concept development to innovate controls and programming solutions that can feasibly meet customer and roadmap expectations.
* Oversee the layout of the controls cabinet and schematic designs.
* Develop the architecture and write and debug PLC ladder logic or IPC program for the automated system.
* Perform risk assessments and implement controls reliability and safety systems to meet TE specifications.
* Develop and program HMI screens to meet customer or standard requirements.
* Select machine servo, robots and electrical and electromechanical components which are properly sized to meet system requirements.
* Condition, optimize and commission machinery until handed over to customer.
* Interface system with SCADA and digital machine packages to meet customer interface requirements.
Responsibilities for partner based machine build projects include:
* Participate in concept development for machine.
* Participate in specification creation, release to partner and quote technical evaluation.
* Oversee controls design of project.
* Manage partner throughout design, buyoff, conditioning and installation.
* Establish and execute test plan for equipment.
* Integrate and condition equipment with other equipment if needed.
* Proficiency with process integration and mechatronic systems.
* In-depth knowledge of control panel designs.
* Proficiency with AutoCAD electrical design desired.
* Advanced proficiency in Yaskawa, Allen Bradley, Pro-Face or Omron PLC programming languages.
* Strong understanding of Field Bus Networks (Ethernet IP, Modbus/TCP, Ethercat etc)
* Proficiency with Ethernet communications between machine PLC's and database systems.
* Proficiency with Inductive Automation Ignition preferred.
* Proficiency with machine safety systems and related component selection.
* Experience with servo motor tuning and programming.
* Advanced proficiency and demonstrated ability to organize and structure code for maintainability and reuse.
* Experience with Cartesian, SCARA and 6-Axis industrial robot programming and conditioning. Epson robot experience preferred.
* Experience with interfacing to vision systems.
* Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation packages.
* Experience with implementation of automated equipment in a production environment.
* Proficiency in CREO 3D CAD package is a plus.
* A strong technically hands-on oriented engineer with clearly demonstrated experience and a track record of deploying new PLC/IPC and digital control automation technologies;
* At least 10 years, for Bachelor degree, or 7 years for Master degree, technical experiences in manufacturing automation with a detailed knowledge of current automation technologies for precision electromechanical manufacture and/ or optical system manufacture;
* Experienced in the IPC programming with C/C++/C# etc.
* Excellent commercial and business acumen with deep experience in analyzing current technologies and capabilities on the market;
* Experienced in the development of specific automation manufacturing systems incorporating flexible and modular automation;
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.