Manufacturing Supervisor at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, New Hampshire
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today s increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations redefining what s possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS www.TE.com.
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Managing and Measuring Work
* Motivating Others
* Building Effective Teams
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
* SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
Production Supervisors support the manufacturing operations of the facility and manufactures products by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work flow. Position reports to the respective department manager. All candidates must be able to work any shift and be able to make it into work during inclement weather.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
* Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
* Demonstrate hands-on approach to supervising the build of product, frequently checking quality and adherence to process steps.
* Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
* Technical ability to know, understand and communicate the various processes of their department.
* Ability to identify production bottlenecks or constraints and work with others to improve product flow.
* Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
* Responsible for schedule adherence while still maintaining high quality standards.
* Demonstrates knowledge of labor standards and ability to compare actual labor hours to standard.
* Look for and provide feedback on efficiencies, continuous improvement, cost improvements, and innovation.
* Ensure cross training and job rotation of personnel; effectively and efficiently resource plan and schedule to meet commitments.
* Ensure that employees are trained to the procedures, material and equipment prior to commencing work.
* Conduct performance reviews, provide areas of development and recognize achievements
* Confer with management or subordinates to resolve workplace issues.
* Ensure adherence to safety procedures, regulations and commitment to creating a safe working environment.
* 5 years' minimum experience in a manufacturing environment, previous experience in a supervisory or lead position preferred.
* Previous experience of quality systems and manufacturing processes required.
* Proven ability to lead/drive change using lean manufacturing techniques required.
* Ability to communicate effectively - verbal and written.
* Ability to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
* Must possess strong mechanical troubleshooting skills and be able to train associates in the team.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
* High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor s degree preferred. Five years experience in a manufacturing environment required, previous experience in a supervisory or lead position preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have the flexibility to respond to multiple assignments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to pass a Fit for Duty physical exam. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
Climb up and down from equipment.
Regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds.
Climb up and down a ladder.
Able to manipulate small hand tools.
Ability to reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, or handle objects, tools and controls.
Ability to stand, walk and climb stairs regularly.
Ability to bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently.
Ability to talk and/or hear frequently.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.