Sales Coordinator (AK, Anchorage) at Koniag
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for a broad range of sales, purchasing, sourcing, vendor management, contract administration, and inventory control services for resale operations.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.)
* Primary sales representative for outside customers on day-to-day business matters to include receiving, processing, coordinating, tracking, stocking and shipping orders for product submitted under established business arrangements.
* Primary sales representative for BP customer.
* Provide material certification reports and other vendor data documentation requests as part of the order completion process.
* Identifies prospective customers and emphasizes product features based on analyses of customer needs and knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
* Negotiates prices and terms of sales and service agreements with clients.
* Provides customer quotation and obtains appropriate approvals.
* Works with Engineering to provide functional product recommendations and prototypes to meet customer expectations.
* Surveys and maintains customer service satisfaction.
* Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders; schedule or expedite deliveries and resolve issues.
* Select and recommend suppliers; negotiate price, quality and service.
* Create purchase orders and ensure accuracy.
* Maintain system of ordering materials, supplies and equipment.
* Ensure on-time delivery of material and initiate action for return of rejected or unsuitable orders.
* Track purchasing and inventory data utilizing Quick Books.
* Work with vendor, accounting and project management as needed to resolve billing issues.
* Negotiate and settle issues with suppliers and/or customers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments and cancellations.
* General shipping/receiving and administrative support.
* Serves as the first line of contact for the general public; including customers and vendors by answering phones and greeting walk-in customers. * Maintain MTR (Mill Test Report) database using existing Company software. * Assist in phone back-up and end of year inventory counts. * Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.