Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Akron, Ohio
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael RayTM Nutrish , Meow Mix , Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Developer eCommerce Platforms
Orrville, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron)
Manager, IS Sales, Marketing & Growth
The Developer is a member of the IS Vertical team supporting eCommerce and Enterprise Brand Websites. Under direct guidance, code, test, debug, integrate and document software applications for direct-to-consumer eCommerce website platforms.
* Writes code or configures software based upon technical designs.
* Executes unit testing to ensure new functionality meets technical design.
* Adheres to documented standards for development, code promotion, and change management.
* Understands how data is utilized and transformed in applications and scripts.
* Able to prototype new ideas and concepts, responds to changing priorities with agility.
* Able to share knowledge of existing capabilities provided by applications, technologies, and software design patterns for new functional designs.
* Understands concepts and theories of development practices, techniques, tools and solutions across the Solution Development organization.
* Manage eCommerce websites and web applications.
* Provides troubleshooting and fixes for Magento software issues and extensions.
* Executes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to support existing business processes.
* Follows defined support call paths including status updates in case management tool.
* Focused on quality deliverables with superior customer orientation.
* Seeks solutions on his or her own with effective and timely escalation.
* Enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a team of highly talented developers.
* Utilizes technical expertise to develop solutions for unique and complex problems. Applies various technologies to develop alternatives and recommend best practices.
* Understands how technology solutions progress through life cycle phases of requirements analysis, solution design, development, testing, deployment, and decommission.
* Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field preferred
* Internship or up to 3 years entry level, relevant technical and business work experience required
* Experience working on web based or eCommerce development project required
* Prior experience with technical delivery
* Familiarity with software development lifecycle
* Experience with responsive front end frameworks (like Bootstrap)
* Knowledge of cross browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE, etc.) and cross device (Desktop, Tablet, Smart Phone, iOS, Android) testing and compatibility
* Exposure to Magento or CMS systems built on the LAMP technology stack preferred
* Working knowledge of continuous deployment architectural patterns with automated testing preferred
* Working knowledge of the Zend or Symfony Framework preferred
* Working knowledge of jQuery / HTML 5 / Ajax / JSON / RESTful / WSDL web services preferred
* Understanding of programming concepts, relational databases, and CPG business concepts preferred
* Experience with project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and system development lifecycle preferred
* Experience building solutions to support medium to large scale business initiatives preferred
* Experience with Payment Gateways and security monitoring preferred
* High personal standards of integrity
* Embraces a customer service mindset
* Effective spoken and written communication skills
* Strong problem solving or troubleshooting skills
* Flexibility to learn new skills quickly and flow to the work
* Strong self-motivation and ability to learn
* Ability to manage multiple time-critical and revenue-critical tasks
* Strong attention to detail
The J. M. Smucker Company (the "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.