Right-of-Way Agent | Atlanta, GA at Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Right-Of-Way Agent | Midtown Atlanta, GA
Share your passion. Fulfill your potential. At Gresham, Smith and Partners (GS&P), our people are the heart of our organization and it is through their talent, dedication and passion that we are able to accomplish extraordinary things on behalf of our clients and within our communities. And, we are committed to providing our employees a workplace that supports continued professional growth and opportunity within a culture that values a sense of belonging and community. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go and the difference you can make with the right resources behind you. Sound good* Keep reading.
Right-of-Way Acquisition Agents provide professional real estate services for the settlement and acquisition of property for right of way. Under general supervision, perform real estate duties within the firm s Transportation Market based out of Gresham Smith s Midtown Atlanta office. Prepare right-of-way cost estimates and obtain specialist reports. Research deeds, tax records and routine chain of titles. May negotiate and close, if qualified to perform closing, moderately complex property settlements for required right-of-way acquisitions of agency project construction. May assist in the coordination of right of way appraisals on residential, agricultural and vacant commercial/industrial properties for review and execution by certified appraisers. May learn to determine value of income producing improved commercial/industrial properties. May prepare basic data book for estimating land values. May assist property owners or tenants through relocation process. May attend public hearings, property owner meetings, and field plan reviews.
The successful candidate should be able to:
* Possesses a valid driver's license.
* Committed to providing quality customer service.
* Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend general correspondence and instructional material.
* Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, and to write legibly.
* Demonstrated experience performing simple calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals and percentages.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information orally to individuals and groups who possess varying levels technical understanding.
* Possesses reasoning skills necessary to make sound, well-informed decisions needed to solve problems.
* Ability to plan and prioritize daily work schedule to accomplish assigned tasks.
* Demonstrates responsible behavior and is self- motivated.
* Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to work well with others in order to achieve shared goals and to reach mutually acceptable solutions.
* Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self and others.
* Demonstrated ability to interact well with people of varied background, cultures and temperaments.
* Maintains a positive view of self and displays a professional image; projects a positive attitude.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to change.
* Demonstrated ability to tract hours and deliver scope of services within budget.
* May assist in contract negotiations.
* Assist in the development of risk management strategies including identification and mitigation.
* May identify and help recruit new staff to Gresham Smith.
* Attend meetings with clients in various locations as requested.
* Position reports to the Department Operations Manager.
* Bachelor's degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and three years of related experience performing related real estate services.
* One year of experience similar to the area of the advertised vacancy.
* GDOT prequalification in a minimum of one area class or ability to obtain prequalification within 3 months.
* Ability to recognize and interpret symbols, lines, and other information shown on plans, profiles and maps as related to simple right-of-way activities.
* Demonstrates a basic knowledge of real estate, property appraisal, or negotiation (e.g., acquired through experience or completion of formal courses in these areas).
* Ability to visualize before and after conditions of property based upon map information (such as slope and boundaries) and explain these changes to affected persons.
* Ability to teach others in duties related to right-of-way functions.
* Ability to use appropriate technology to locate, record, and transfer real estate data as required.
* Ability to understand and adhere to the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of Gresham Smith.
* Demonstrated ability to apply previous experiences to improve existing procedures or methodologies.
About: Gresham, Smith and Partners provides design and consulting solutions for the built environment that contribute to the success of national and international clients. For 50 years, GS&P has focused on enhancing quality of life and sustainability within communities. GS&P consists of industry-leading professionals practicing architecture and engineering design as well as scientists and highly specialized planning and strategic consultants in Aviation, Corporate and Urban Design, Environmental Services, Federal, Healthcare, Industrial, Land Planning, Transportation and Water Resources. GS&P consistently ranks among the top architecture and engineering firms in the United States. For more information regarding GS&P, visit www.greshamsmith.com.
Gresham, Smith and Partners is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.