Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oceanside, California
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (Aerospace, Defense and Marine or AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment (Industrial Solutions) and is a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and rigorous environments. These interconnection solutions make possible applications of avionics, jet and propulsion engine management, flight controls, grounding systems and on-board entertainment (EAB) for today's \\"connected aircraft\\". This capability is extended to military, marine, aviation, space, land and drone vehicles, as well as oil and gas exploration of open-ocean deposits. TE offers solutions for enhanced connectivity that work and resist in the most extreme environments on Earth, from the deepest oceans to the ends of space. In your relentless activities to save space and weight, improve data delivery and power, you will find that AD&M is ready to collaborate with your design team to help you present your product more quickly in the market with smarter and better interconnect solutions.
TE Connectivity's Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Our teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
Due to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) restrictions, US citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Residency is required
* Manage overall Mil-Spec Maintenance, Qualifications, Periodic Groups inspections and maintain specified products schedules/information flow
* Conduit between TE Sustaining (Design) Engineering and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)/Navy activities
* Where restricted sourcing exists, assure TE product group sourcing are properly educated on the requirements for the associated Mil-Spec Qualified product, as well as maintain and coordinate communication link with agency contacts
* Coordinate with owning product groups for scheduled periodic testing/reporting
* Assure updates to Mil-Specs are commented upon where required for actions sent out by DLA and Nav-Air as well as SAE, European Norm (EN, ASD) and others
* Manage DLA required reporting
* Coordinate notifications and manage information flow for GIDEP activities (TE related and industry related) and disseminate accordingly to GIDEP and or TE internal Procedure
* Manage Value Add Distribution (VAD) activity (MIL-STD-790, Category-C)
* Assist in setting up and maintaining TE Value Add Distributors
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline with strong business acumen
* Knowledge of Quality, Manufacturing, Assembly, and Testing
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to gain respect/trust of external departments and government agencies
* Ability to work within a global multicultural customer and engineering base
* Prior experience working with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) preferred
* US Citizen and ITAR clearance
* Ability to travel 25% - 50%
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.