Senior Research Administrator at Broad Institute
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
ABOUT THE BROAD
Our research teams are working on redefining the boundaries of science and medicine with an interdisciplinary model designed to meet today s most critical biomedical challenges. You will find a supportive and collaborative intellectual environment and a firm commitment to continuously invest in cutting edge technology. At the Broad we are developing new tools that enable scientists to unlock the mysteries of genomics.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Sponsored Research, this position provides research compliance and financial management support, including all aspects of pre and post award administration. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills as demonstrated by working closely with faculty in an academic research environment over the past 5 to 7 years
* Prepares grant, subcontract and industry sponsored proposals for a portfolio of Broad faculty investigators, working closely with faculty, sponsors and relevant internal contacts to handle all aspects of Pre-Award administration including proposal review, submission and award set up.
* Cultivates relationships and communicates regularly with research administration officials at collaborating institutions, particularly MIT, Harvard University and the Harvard-affiliated hospitals.
* Independently monitors and maintains post-award grant management activities including providing faculty with ongoing financial reporting as well as serving as the primary point of contact on all compliance related issues involving grants or contracts.
* Serves as a faculty liaison with sponsors, fostering ongoing relationships. Conversant in applicable sponsor rules and regulations; preparing and submitting documents in an accurate and timely manner.
* Assists with special agreements with Broad collaborators on sponsored activities, as needed, including staff billing arrangements and Specialized Service Facility charges.
* Oversees sponsored research project accounts, reviews and reconciles charges and works with Principal Investigators and project account managers to forecast balances.
* Administers salary billing process including ongoing monitoring of effort and adherence to related salary and effort limitations imposed under sponsor or institute policies.
* Coordinates process with faculty for annual budget projections in conjunction with the budget office.
* Provides ongoing training and orientation on pre and post award grant administration
* Bachelor s degree and/or significant related (5 to 7 years) experience supporting faculty in the areas of federal and non-federal grant administration at a non-profit organization.
* Computer literate and proficient in the use of personal computers, spreadsheets and word processing applications.
* Knowledge of federal web-based grants management systems, enterprise financial systems, query tools or grants management tools a plus.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Works independently with minimal supervision; respects deadlines.
* Enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment, and with all levels of institute staff.
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / DisabilitiesEEO is The Law - For more information, please visit the following link:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - For more information, please visit the following link: