Product Development Manager - St Louis, MO at Hubbell Incorporated
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
St Louis, MO
Responsible for all Product Management activities for the Connectivity Group to include Hawke, Killark, RigPower & Vantage Connectors to maximize product line gross margin and unit volume growth
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop specific and measurable objectives for product lines associated with assigned market.
* Participate in developing and updating the Annual Strategic Plan.
* Responsible for developing and updating assigned Action Plans.
* Develop a pricing strategy for all product responsibilities to maximize gross margin.
* Establish pricing promotions (as necessary) to drive product sales
* Monitor market/industry pricing trends to adjust as necessary to meet margin goals
* Work with Field Sales to establish competitive pricing to capture incremental new business opportunities and/or maintain market share
* Coordinate and monitor progress and provide guidance relating to priorities, timing or adjustments on all new assigned product project development efforts within your market.
* Participate in the development of new product ideas and opportunities.
* Support development criteria for new product ideas.
* Initiate and submit for approval new product development projects.
* Responsible for introduction of new products in accordance with the Strategic Plan.
* Responsible for new product forecasts (dollars and quantity).
* Participate in field surveys and evaluation of new product opportunities.
* Initiate and submit approval actions required by the Engineering and/or Pricing Teams.
* Initiate projects to improve gross margin.
* Recommend removal of low volume or unprofitable products.
* Audit assigned products to insure quality and value.
* Periodically review and provide guidance and direction for product engineering activities.
* Monitor and report customer complaints. Provide necessary direction to Marketing, Operation and Engineering.
* Develop and maintain an up-to-date analysis of all pertinent competitors and products in concert with Pricing Administrator.
* Provide technical information for product data manuals to Technical Services Manager.
* Responsible for developing product news releases with Advertising.
* Participate in the development of the Advertising program in accordance with the time and dollar limits of the Marketing Plans.
* Recommend and support all product promotional programs. Responsible for literature, samples and displays.
* Work with the Sales and Marketing Services group to provide new content and edits for all catalogue and literature generation pertaining to your product responsibilities
* Responsible for product training:
* Field Sales
* Internal Headquarters
* Assist Customer Service, Pricing Administrator as required.
* Assist Field Sales as required.
* Provide monthly Forecasting and Product Management reports to the PLBT Director on status of assigned products and specific activities.
* Provide backup coverage for technical service activities.
* Provide articles as required for internal publications and articles for publication in pertinent trade journals.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
* Experience in Product Management with a manufacturer is considered ideal.
* Individual must be a self-starter, possess strong interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in Excel and Word required, PowerPoint a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.