Medical Records Technicians at Spectrum Healthcare Resources
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: DUMFRIES, Virginia
Distinctive/Spectrum Joint Venture has an opportunity for a Full Time Civilian Medical Lab Tech with Saturday availability at Dumfries Health Center in Dumfries, Virginia.
This position provides medical laboratory services in support of patient care and treatment.
- Performs testing in the Microbiology, Chemistry, Serology, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Immunohematology sections including specimen receipt, preparation, analysis, and reporting of results.
- Calculates test results and measures prescribed quantities of samples during tests.
- Notice pertinent morphology/staining details of specimens under microscopic examination.
- Performs a wide variety of laboratory tests either manually or using automated instruments.
- Evaluates quality control information against measurable criteria in the performance of laboratory tests.
- Performs precise and accurate laboratory testing according to established laboratory procedures.
- Receives written requisitions from health care providers for routine and special laboratory tests.
- Sets up and adjusts laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Obtains laboratory specimens directly from patients by venipuncture, instruct patient and staff on proper specimen collection.
- Add reagents or indicator solutions and subjects specimens to various laboratory operations according to established procedures.
- Prepares slides for microscopic analysis as necessary.
- Observes test reactions, changes of color, or formation of precipitates; studies or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Records test results to logs and requests slips and file reports in the health record.
- Brings to the attention of the Supervisor any unusual or grossly abnormal test results.
- Performs light general cleaning of work areas such as collection of trash, autoclaving of specimens, cleaning of bench tops and light dusting.
- Prepares specimens for transport to outside laboratory if necessary.
- Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
- Perform and document required equipment maintenance as required.
- Adhere to infection control procedures including the use of personal protective equipment and proper waste disposal.
- Participate in required equipment, in-service training and continuing medical education.
- Ensure safe work environment and employ safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.