Technical Project Manager at Cox Automotive
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: North Hills, New York
Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently hiring a Technical Project Manager to join our Implementation team in Burlington, Vermont.
The Implementation Technical Project Manager works with project Stakeholders (including Clients, Digital Strategists, Program Managers and Development) to represent, manage and support milestones and business requirements to ensure that the project team is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on-time and on-budget as well as champion quality and integrity of the end result.
The Technical Project Manager will plan, finalize and execute Implementation deliverables, including defining scope, coordinating resources, resolving issues, managing timelines and communicating project status. The Technical Project Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project. As the key point of contact from Implementation, the Technical Project Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of an engagement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively participates in all aspects of the projects team's work and monitors Implementation resource involvement; Ensures Implementation requirements and project deliverable dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed.
* Actively monitors project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
* Consistently identifies needs that Stakeholders may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
* Consistently manages Stakeholder expectations, ensures delivery of the highest quality service, and solicits and acts on feedback.
* Communicates and documents project status and strategic recommendations to Stakeholders, team members and Implementation Leadership on a regular basis; escalates issues accordingly via the appropriate channels.
* Serves as a liaison between the Client, Client Services and Engineering where custom requirements are concerned:
* Answers questions about custom requirements (e.g., clarify or eliminate ambiguities).
* Answers questions about a proposed custom solution s implementation.
* Resolves discrepancies about budget or scope, proposing adjustments to the project s budget and scope as necessary.
* Manages a portfolio of project work where intake management, capacity planning and performance reporting is communicated to Senior Leadership.
* Develops standard operating procedures (SOP) for the Implementation team.
* Maintains adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP), compliance, and financial requirements.
* Contributes to process development and improvement with operational excellence as a primary focus.
* Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, abilities required:
The Implementation Technical Project Manager must possess a commanding knowledge of Dealer.com systems, software and process, and have demonstrated experience in leading projects. Competencies in MS Office, MS Project, bug tracking, wiki and other related project management and common communications tools are required. The Implementation Technical Project Manager must be an excellent multi-tasker and possess exemplary communication skills (both verbal and written). Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree and at least 3-5+ years of experience in an interactive project management role is required.
* PMP Certification or PMI is a plus.
* Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate articulately both verbally and in writing; the ability to maintain composure when working under pressure of deadlines, difficult situations and demanding people; the ability to break down complex subjects into simpler terms to facilitate understanding of task requirements.
* Organizational Skills: Excellent time management skills, above average ability to multi-task proactively and in response to issues as they arise, proven methods to manage self and others, adept at problem-solving, able to follow procedures, flexible to creatively develop solutions and work-arounds is required.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea , and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-VT-Burlington-128 Lakeside
OTHER LOCATIONS: 3400 New Hyde Park Rd,US,NY,North Hills,11040|3003 Summit Blvd,US,GA,Atlanta,30319
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.