Sr Government Affairs Mgr - Groton Connecticut at Cox Automotive
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Groton, Connecticut
Identify, monitor and analyze state and federal public policy issues and activities as directed, as well as, legislative initiatives which will affect the business lines and markets in which Dealertrack is participating, or considering new business endeavors. The position will utilize monitoring systems to track legislation, regulation and policies affecting our business interests, evaluate them and recommend policy solutions. Position will generate analysis and communicate changes in polices and / or other significant developments in the state and at trade associations to other members of the Government Affairs Team. This role will also influence states and drive adoption of electronic solutions offered by Dealertrack or that represent future opportunities for Dealertrack. Additionally, the position will advance Dealertrack as a thought leader within jurisdictions, trade associations and the industry.
* Research and analyze state and federal legislation, policy and regulatory developments that have an effect on our industry, specifically Dealertrack and its products, at the state level to evaluate business impacts and potential opportunities and program innovation
* Insure information is shared within the Gov t Affairs Team and internally within CAI as required to ensure consistent approaches are advanced by the Team
* Develop options for consideration in setting Dealertrack public policy position to align business opportunities and avoid negative impacts
* Generate analysis and communicate changes in policies and other significant developments to members of the Gov t Affairs team to ensure consistent communications, generate wider analysis and broader input
* Ensure policy proposals support Dealertrack business objectives to align to Dealertrack strategic direction
* Build a network of trade associations, industry partners and others to support policies advocated by Dealertrack to advance the company s programs and business development
* Drive process and influence to ensure adoption of Dealertrack priorities within the jurisdictions.
* Drive policy analysis across business functions and develop consensus behind a common policy internally and externally to ensure a broad approach, consistency and response to trends
* Monitor industry trends and directions for alignment to Dealertrack s overall business strategy
* Recognize and identify problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to support, alter or advance Dealertrack s direction
* Influence both internal and external constituents to advance Dealertrack objectives
* Lobby, advocate and execute efforts to the appropriate executive, legislative and regulatory areas to ensure Dealertrack is represented and its business objectives are advanced
* Understand the drivers and detractors in the motor vehicle community and the general business issues to drive innovation, new ideas and/or changes in Dealertrack s programs and business lines.
* Support development of Requests for Proposals for opportunities received from states or other governmental agencies
* Performs related duties as assigned.
* Prefer Legislative Experience or similar government affairs field experience.
* Bachelor s Degree Preferred Field Preferred: Public Policy, political science, public administration or related
* Required High School Diploma or GED
* Experience: 5-7 yrs
* Understanding of the legislative process
* Legislative /policy experience and advocacy expertise
* Request for Proposal response experience
* Strong time management skills to ensure coordination
* Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively and to think strategically.
* Strong organization skills to ensure flexibility and adaptability to last-minute changing requirements
* Resourcefulness and creativity, and an ability to work collaboratively in a fluid and structured organizational environment.
* Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan.
* Ability to understand business processes and general re-engineering applications
* Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to adapt approach quickly based on the uniqueness of the jurisdictions and administrators.
* Ability to manage several complex and difficult projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
* Poised personal presence to represent the organization at the highest levels.
* Excellent communication articulate and concise.
* Diplomacy and tact.
* 20% travel
* Physical Demands: typical office work
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea , and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CT-Groton-115 Poheganut Dr
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 25 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.