Buyer at Cox Media
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Cox Media Group is seeking to fill the role of Buyer within the Procurement department. This position, located in Atlanta, Georgia, will be responsible for purchase order processing and other buyer related duties. The successful candidate will professionally and effectively maintain relationships with both vendors and with staff across departments necessary to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Procurement process. The buyer will identify, analyze, negotiate and execute opportunities to leverage the buying power of the company. He or she must be able to go beyond the basic purchasing role to assist department management in analyzing spend as it relates to metrics which address departmental goals, challenges, efficiency and effectiveness. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently while taking the initiative to communicate progress with co-workers and department management. He or she must have a high energy level and the ability to successfully balance his or her focus on executing the purchasing process, providing technical training and instruction to employees, and preparing analytical reports for management. The ideal candidate will have strong people and customer service skills and a proven track record of process improvement and project management.
* Review requisitions daily and issue standard Purchase Orders; monitor compliance with established agreements
* Work with purchase requestors to ensure a full understanding of the need and information needed to complete request
* Determine method to process requisition based on dollar amount, timeliness required, existing open contracts, and/or competitive bidding
* Sources one-off purchase requests as needed with management support
* Ensure procurement strategy and policies are implemented
* Assist with the maintenance of Preferred Supplier List and negotiated prices
* Management of reports and research to reconcile and resolve purchase orders on the open PO report
* Work with vendors or accounts payable to resolve errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, substitutions, and units of measure on the invoice as compared to units of measure on the purchase order
* Provide assistance and backup to other Buyers & Procurement team members
* Assist with special projects as assigned
* Other duties as assigned
He or she will partner with vendors and internal colleagues at all levels who are involved in or impacted by the P2P process to ensure the timely sourcing and order of goods and services, as well as resolution of issues that may delay on time payment of vendor invoices. Individual will work as part of an integrated team to meet daily, weekly and monthly production goals.
* A two to four-year Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field is preferred.
* 2 to 5 years experience in purchasing which includes developing specifications, formal bidding, and identifying sources of supply preferred
* Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
* 1 to 2 years accounting experience desirable
* Oracle or equivalent ERP System experience preferred
* Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills
* Team player who works well with both inter- and intra-departmental staff
* Ability to solve complex problems
* Ability to adapt quickly to changes in priority and to multi-task
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Self motivated with high energy level
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.