Receptionist/Switchboard Operator - Corporate at Henry Schein
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Melville, New York
This position is responsible to operate a multi-line switchboard to direct incoming and interoffice calls to their destination. Answer internal and external calls, answer questions and direct calls. Perform routine functions involved with the primary operation of a telephone switchboard and the operation of a computerized database of telephone information. Ability to prioritize calls as needed. May assist with Customer Service related transactions.
* Answer a high volume of incoming calls through a multi-line switchboard. Direct callers in a polite and courteous manner. Ensure all calls are routed to the appropriate department or person.
* Participate in special projects including Customer Service transactions as required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Typically 1 or more years of related experience.
General education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Customer service oriented
* Very good Interpersonal communication skills
* Very good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to multi-task
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Ability to handle a high volume of calls.
* Very good telephone etiquette required.
* Good organization and ability to learn applicable computer systems. .