Director Product Management at Cox Automotive
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas
The Director, Product Management for the Acquisition Release Train within Inventory Software Solutions (ISS) will support the vAuto and Homenet brands. The candidate is responsible for partnering with product leaders, business leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders to lead and champion the development of new and evolution of existing products that delight clients, meet strategic and financial business objectives, and continue to position the ISS Mobile and Vehicle Acquisition products to thrive and win in the market over time. The vAuto Acquisition products help dealers maintain a balanced portfolio of used inventory. The tools help dealers determine what they need based on their sales history and current market conditions, how much to pay for a trade in or auction car using vAuto s Live Market View , and where to find the right cars in the wholesale market across all major US auction houses.
The ideal candidate will bring a balanced mix of people leadership skills, strategic thinking skills, diverse communication skills, project planning skills, and project execution skills.
The individual will not only lead the Product Managers that support existing products but also be responsible for the innovation and growth of Cox Automotive Solutions & ISS product suite.
This person will partner with the Engineering, Product, and Business Leaders to identify and implement process improvements to enhance our product suite, and they will work closely with the key business stakeholders to identify ways to improve our product lifecycle management.
The candidate will also develop and maintain relationships with our clients to better understand their needs and pain points with the ISS and other Retail Solutions Software in addition to other competitors in the marketplace.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Lead and manage the full lifecycle of products within the Vehicle Acquisition and Mobile release train which includes vAuto Provision, vAuto Stockwave, and Homenet IOL
* Translate vision into a product roadmap that balances market needs with internal resourcesthat provide the company s product offerings with unique competitive advantages
* Translate vision into a product roadmap that balances market needs with internal resourcesthat provide the company s Inventory Software product offerings with unique competitive advantages
* Work with the Executive Team at ISS and Cox Automotive Retail Solutions to identify and prioritize new product initiatives on a quarterly and yearly basis
* Provide regular updates to the ISS, Cox Automotive Executive Teams, and select Clients on the current and future objectives for ISS DMS Roadmap
* Establish strong relationships with a key group of our Clients to foster ongoing, two-way communication on current product features and future product concepts
* Champion continuous process improvements within the Product, User Experience, and Engineering teams to both grow and develop team members and to drive greater efficiencies in the product delivery pipeline
* Manage, provide ongoing mentoring and oversight for the Product Managers
* Oversee the definition, design, development, and launch of new products and enhancements
* Partner with technology and business leaders to ensure the Product Roadmap supports ISS and Cox Automotive business objectives
* Work directly with Sales, Performance Management, Operations, Marketing and Client Support to maintain a solid understanding of both the competitive landscape and customer needs
* Serve as the champion for product initiatives to the portfolio team, delivery stream, release trains and other roles from User Experience, Product Managers, Engineers, and Scrum Masters
* 10+ years of experience in a Product Management or Product Development role
* 10+ years of leading product development teams using multiple methodologies
* 10+ years of experience directly managing and leading
* 5+ years of experience working in an Agile development environment
* Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment with geographically distributed team members
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with ability to present and translate complex information to executive, technical, and business partners
* Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
* Proven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; detail oriented individual
* Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
* Automotive experience is strongly desired
* Up to 25% travel may be required
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea , and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-TX-Austin-10415 Morado Circle
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Director/Senior Director
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 25 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.