Senior Credit Analyst at Gordon Food Service
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wyoming, Michigan
It\'s way more fun to support financials on a healthy business than a struggling one....
and our family owned company has been generating healthy finances for 5 generations! But we're not complacent -- we're constantly looking for ways to be innovative and find better solutions for our customers. That doesn't end with the products and services we bring to restaurants, hospitals, and educational systems. It carries to the way we manage our business transactions in the short-term and our strategy for the long-term.
Our Accounting and Finance teams play an important role in keeping Gordon Food Service operating effectively and efficiently. From strategic work in the development of annual and long-range operating plans to establishing infrastructure that keeps financial transactions flowing efficiently (our employees and vendors like that!), to credit operations that recognize the unique positions of our customers large and small.....we are reliant on this group of professionals and the work they do each week, each month, each quarter.
Position Summary: The Senior Credit Analyst is responsible for the credit evaluation and analysis of all prospective new business and existing accounts within assigned AR portfolio, documents potential exposure to risk, and communicates directly with customers / sales. Maximize sale through flexible and innovative approach of credit risk / order review and release. Minimizes the investment in receivables by ensuring that accounts are collected as close to term, and protects the company against unwarranted bad debt losses.
* Responsible for adherence to GFS Credit & Collection policies, practices and procedures across assigned regions.
* Conducts analysis of financial statements to determine credit worthiness of new and existing accounts within assigned limits.
* Review & research customer account application for completeness & accuracy , analyze past and current financial statements of companies, along with bank references, Commercial business reports ie. D&B,Experian or Equifax and information via Internet or other credit sources.
* Provide transactional approval with respective credit authority and or recommendation for transactions above credit authority. Provide appropriate written Financial reviews per authority guidelines.
* Monitors customers order activities, accounts receivable and payment history on a daily basis to identify risk and ensure adherence to credit terms.
* Interface with Sales and or customers to address potential risks and negotiate within assigned authority reassignment of terms and or plans to mitigate losses.
* Monitors performance of assigned accounts on a monthly basis against key business & performance metrics; communicates and works with Credit Manager & Sales leadership to identify potential drivers to variance.
* Maintains confidentiality and uses utmost discretion with matters including but not limited to personal and or financial information in the duties of the position.
* Establish and maintain good rapport with customers and sales through regular communications and on site visits as necessary.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participates within Credit industry groups (National & Regional) as needed.
* Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
* At least 5 years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Admin is required
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.