Surveyor II A-instrument technician at Mott MacDonald
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Butler, Pennsylvania
Surveyor II-A Instrument Technician responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Operate and maintain all technical surveying instruments and measuring devices needed to complete different types of survey assignments for pipeline projects
* Place marks, stakes, pins, and monuments
* Drive stakes to fix survey points and determine location data to be placed on stakes
* Hold survey rod and measure distances using tape
* Obtain data pertaining to angles, distances, elevations, and descriptions and attribute various surveying instruments
* Verify levels, alignment, and elevation of items to be constructed
* Perform routine analysis to check applicability, accuracy, and reasonableness of data
* Compile notes, sketches, and records of data obtained and work performed, and keep same in a field book
* Reduce and plot survey notes
* Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities
* Perform maintenance of field equipment and maintain supplies for survey crew
* Work with the Party Chief to meet the goals of the project in a safe and efficient manner
* Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and withstand working outside for up to 8-12 hours in varying temperatures
* Must possess manual dexterity with the physical ability to work in situations which require bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, and lifting/carrying items up to fifty (50) pounds
* Must be able to carry survey equipment that is up to 48 inches in length
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Protective eyewear, gloves, mask) and other safety equipment required by the company guidelines and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Minimum of 2 years pipeline surveying experience. Previous Hatch Mott MacDonald or Mott MacDonald experience preferred
* Familiarity with commonly used surveying terms and with the use and care of survey tools and other survey field equipment used for measuring, sighting, and leveling
* Familiarity with and proficiency in the operation of survey equipment such as the Total Station/Data Collector, Level, and various Global Positioning System (GPS) methods
* Familiarity with the latest software for downloading survey data from data collectors
* Strong work ethic and team-player attitude
* Strong technical, documentation, and organizational skills
* Successful completion of the pre-employment fitness-for-duty physical, background check and drug screen
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.