Instrument/Electrician at FMC Corporation
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Middleport, New York
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster The Right Chemistry in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
* Be able to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
* Diagnose/troubleshoot causes of electrical problems or failures for the purpose of identifying equipment and /or systems repair.
* Coordinates with assigned Foreman and all levels of management and/or trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
* Informs personnel regarding procedures and /or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and or/ complying with health and building regulations.
* Inspects electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
* Installs electrical system components (e.g. lighting, alarms, electrical panels, switches, circuits, timers, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/ or upgraded electrical capabilities.
* Maintains equipment and tools for the purpose of ensuring availability in a safe operating condition.
* Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/ or gathering information required to perform job functions.
* Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/ or conveying information.
* Repairs electrical components and/ or systems (e.g. motors, circuits, transformers, generators, compressors, switch gear, electrical panels, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
* Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/ or repair.
* Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns as per union contract.
* Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
* Complying with employee safety policies, OSHA Safety and Health rules as well as RCM policies and procedures
* Installs and maintains all electrical and electronic plant and production equipment. This equipment includes motors, electrical/ electronic controls and systems, PLCs, AC/DC drives, computerized controls, and other related equipment
* Performs preventive/ predictive maintenance on plant and production electrical and electronic equipment
* Installs electrical conduit as needed
* Performs general mechanical troubleshooting, maintenance and installations as needed
* Serve as an electrical/ electronic controls consultant with the installation of new equipment and existing equipment
* Plans assigned work and is responsible for his/ her safety and the safety of others in the area.
* Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum 4 years experience in commercial/ industrial electrical maintenance.
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the principles of electricity and electronics
* Experience troubleshooting PLC programs and hardware
* May be required to work all shifts (on occasion)
* Must have a working knowledge of the National Electric Cod
* Must be able to read and interpret electrical and electronic/ mechanical drawings, prints, schematics, and computer programs
* Must be able to operate and interpret all types of electrical test equipment
* Must be able to trouble shoot and repair all types of electrical/ electronic circuits and equipment
* Must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and repair electronic and computerized equipment including PLCs, AC/DC drives, electrical controls components, related electrical systems, and temperature controls
* Desired qualifications to include welding, machining, pip fitting, processing/packing machinery repair, conveying equipment and belting, sheet metal work, and the ability to work efficiently and cohesively in a fast passed, goal orientated environment
* This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies. Additionally, the ability to interact well with other employees and work overtime, as necessary, is required
SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in the repair and maintenance of electrical systems; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records; adhering to safety practices; and handling hazardous materials.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform a wide variety of mathematical functions, read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/ or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: methods, techniques, materials, tools used in installation, troubleshooting, maintain mechanical, electrical, environmental systems/ subsystems including control/ balancing these systems and blueprints and schematics.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.