Inside Sales Rep at Gordon Food Service
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
We are looking for motivated individuals with a passion for Customer Service and an interest in Food Service Operations to join our team!
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here\'s a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. Gordon Food Service At a Glance There\'s a seat at our table for you...
You've never experienced a SALES TEAM quite like ours!
By utilizing a Consultative, relationship-focused approach, our sales team is at the front lines, helping make our customers' food service businesses thrive. We invite you to join our team of High-performing, results-driven sales professionals, where the potential for our customers is personal.
What sets us apart?
A generous 401(k) matching program that is above industry standards
Financial Rewards for Performance
Low-cost Benefit options for your family, health, and future
A Culture of Integrity and Respect
Are you looking for a fast paced position in a dynamic sales environment? At Gordon Food Service, our customers come first and, as an Inside Food Sales Representative, you will play a key role in exceeding their expectations by listening, leading, problem-solving, and delivering on what we promise. And that's important when \\"Customer is King\\".
By partnering with our Outside Sales Representatives, you will have the opportunity to provide Exceptional customer service while supporting order and delivery interactions between our customers and Gordon Food Service. This role provides a great introduction to Gordon Food Service, as it will allow you to learn our product and service offerings and will also build your capabilities in processes, tools, and techniques!
The environment is fast paced, with reward for success:
What you\'ll be doing:
* Serve as a liaison between the sales rep and functional partners within the organization
* Participate as a core member in the new customer implementation process
* Code bids for national accounts and local sales teams
* Manage customer orders and communicate with them regarding out of stocks and substitution options - find them solutions!
* Serve as an information resource to the Customer Development Specialists, National Account Managers, Logistics, and Sales Support on product related questions
* Arrange exception deliveries - we don't want anyone missing out on great food!
* Determine credits for customers and answer questions regarding invoices and credit memos
* Create Business Analytics reporting for customers and our GFS team
Does this sound like you?
* Bachelors Degree preferred; High School Diploma or Equivalent required
* Two years previous Customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the food service industry in health care, education, and other non-commercial segments.
* Occasional local travel may be required
* Proficient with technology, including data entry
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.