Surveyor I-rod at Mott MacDonald
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Butler, Pennsylvania
Survey I responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Assist in the collection of surveying data needed to complete different types of survey work assignments for pipeline projects
* Place marks, stakes, pins, and monuments
* Drive stakes to fix survey points and determine location data to be placed on stakes
* Hold survey rod and measure distances using tape
* Hold survey prism pole for GPS work
* Carry stakes and other field equipment over long distances and through a variety of terrain
* Perform maintenance of field equipment and maintain supplies for survey crew
* Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and withstand working outside for up to 8-12 hours in varying temperatures
* Must possess manual dexterity with the physical ability to work in situations which require bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, and lifting/carrying items up to fifty (50) pounds
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Protective eyewear, gloves, mask) and other safety equipment required by the company guidelines and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Previous pipeline surveying experience preferred. Previous Hatch Mott MacDonald or Mott MacDonald experience preferred.
* Familiarity with commonly used surveying terms and with the use and care of survey tools and other survey field equipment used for measuring, sighting, and leveling
* Strong work ethic and team-player attitude
* Successful completion of the pre-employment fitness-for-duty physical, background check and drug screen
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.