Internship - Quality/Continuous Improvement at Graphic Packaging
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging's customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Responsibilities during the internship can include, but not limited to:* Learning how to enter specifications for new products
* 5S projects including the sorting area which is on my to do list
* Setting up WinSPC which is a technical tracking system for all of our test data
* Participating in Root Cause Analysis projects
* Creating a Quality Watch Out book for all products run through facility that have complaints against them
* Conducts audits on each piece of machinery in the printing, cutting and finishing departments using the quality assurance check list.
* Sets up quality checks daily and other tests on an as needed basis
* Pulls quality customer samples from production floor or plant daily.
* Makes Customer sample books when needed.
* Performs various office work, including filing and logging of information and statistics. .
Possible Projects based on Intern's Major / Area of Concentration:
* Performs full 5S analysis of the various departments.
* Study waste patterns and develop methods to reduce COV (cost of variance)
* Assist in the development of quality check analysis
Present to the department periodically and to senior leadership at the end of the internship
* Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International's good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork.
* Knowledgeable on the following subjects:
* Lean, Six Sigma, 5S
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and internet research skills
* Requires use of all general office equipment (e.g. fax, copier, telephone, etc.)
* Proven track record of identifying opportunities and the ability to recommend and implement improvements
* Leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and influence others
* Needs to be a self-starter, self-directed, and willingness to take action to move forward with ideas.
* High School Diploma, GED
* Currently working on associates, undergraduate, four-year continuous improvement and/or project management
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.