Medical Assistant II - Clinic at Christus Health
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Sulphur Springs, TexasJob Description:
Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management. This position functions as a FLOAT position within a Clinic setting.
* Performs selected clinical and administrative duties.
* Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
* Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments. Utilizes knowledge of sterile technique and infection control procedures requires to clean and disinfect rooms and equipment, sterilizes instruments as needed.
* Prepares and maintains inventory supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
* Assists provider in preparing for minor surgeries or physicals.
* Assists with scheduling of tests, treatments and referrals.
* Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or provider or referral specialist as indicated.
* May order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
* Maintains patient files, record and other information in a professional manner following policy and procedures regarding documentation.
* Complies and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
* Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
* Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
* Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
* Maintains strict confidentiality.
* Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
* Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
* Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
* Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
* Performs other related work as required.
* High school graduate or GED.
* Previous private office experience preferred.
* Current BLS certification and has completed a formal medical assistant training course.
* Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts is desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled