Safety Coordinator, Three Forks, MT at Oldcastle Materials Cement Holdings, Inc., DBA CRH US
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Three Forks, Montana
CRH is a diversified building materials group which manufactures and distributes building material products from the fundamentals of heavy materials and elements to construct the frame, through value-added exterior products that complete the building envelope, to distribution channels which service construction fit-out and renewal. CRH employs approximately 76,000 people at 3,600 operating locations in 34 countries.
The safety coordinator provides technical safety and health support to plant personnel. Develops safety and health programs and objectives and coordinates safety training programs. Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to plant personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
Essential Functions (key duties, scope of position, goals, expectations, and skill requirements):
- Provides technical safety and health support and information to plant personnel.
- Prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
- Provide leadership in administering and adhering to company’s safety, environmental and quality policies.
- Provide leadership in administering and adhering to MSHA standards.
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs.
- Deliver training programs including MSHA part 46 and 48, MSHA trainer designation required.
- Develops annual company safety and health goals.
- Participates in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
- Supports plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- Supports plant personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Leads and serves as member of the safety committee. Reviews plant safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Assists as necessary in implementation of a hazard communication program and preparation of reports.
- Reviews process-operating procedures/records and provides input for safety and health considerations.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Provides technical support to plant personnel to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
- Audits practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Learning Orientation.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Supervisory Responsibility
Supervisory: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions on the plant team. This position reports to the Trident Plant Manager.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a safety science, engineering or industrial hygiene discipline is preferred. An Associate Safety Professional (ASP) designation is preferred, and will be required to get certification within one year of employment. Five years of experience in safety position working with MSHA is preferred.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Oldcastle is a division of CHR and we are proud to offer:
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.