IT Applications Specialist, Senior at Regal Beloit
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grafton, Wisconsin
Regal is a global leading manufacturer of efficient electric and mechanical motion control and power generation products with annual sales close to $4 Billion. We are innovative, dynamic, and acquisitive organization with traditional values and high integrity. Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today.We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with high energy, ambition and commitment to performance excellence. If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference and grow with organization, Regal is the company for you. Join us to help the world run more efficiently! Regal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Assist in the design, specification, implementation, administration, and maintenance of Engineering Systems desktop and web applications. Employee will work as Programmer Analyst to prepare, code, test, and debug desktop and web applications. Employee will identify requirements for assigned task by establishing personal rapport with Regal employees and other persons in a position to understand task requirements. Employee will maintain programming documentation by writing and updating software specifications and internal code documentation.
Job Responsibilities :
- Successful candidate will be a member of a global software development team and have responsibilities related to the creation, maintenance, and support of systems in the global Engineering Systems.
- Software development experience and understanding of design lifecycle
- Installing and upgrading purchased and custom software applications.
- Resolve/Manage CAD interface tools and create install scripts as needed
- Test new CAD interfaces with PLM/ENOVIA and IDS, resolve/report issues
- Develop processes and procedures to automate repetitive tasks
- Assist Desktop support in PC issue resolution and documentation
- Support legacy Regal applications
- Manage user roles and license assignments thru GUMA process
- Assist in PLM module installation and testing
- Support/modify/expand Legacy Regal Engineering Applications
Employee must have the following skills :
- 4 years or more combined experience coding and debugging in some/all:
- VB, C , C#, ASP, IIS, .NET 3.5/4.0 using Visual Studio 2010
- CAD software and/or other commercial software installation
- PC Desktop support for Workstations and PCs
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience installing, upgrading, and understanding purchased and custom software applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot these environments in real-time using tools, scripts and other automated processes.
- Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn new applications and technologies
- Attention to detail, comprehensive problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work as part of a team, independently, or take direction from technical leaders
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent related experience) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline. 2 years of related work experience. Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma within 3 years.
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.