Nuclear Medice Tech - $1000 Sign-on Bonus at BEACON HEALTH SYSTEM
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Reports to the Coordinator/Exec. Director, Radiology. Administers diagnostic and therapeutic radionuclides for the detection and treatment of disease.
MISSION & VISION
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of an Associate’s Degree or Professional Training ARRT (N) or CNMT Indiana State Board Certified. Up to 1 year experience is required. Up to one year experience as a nuclear medicine technologist is required.
Knowledge & Skills
1. Board certification from: CNMT (Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board) or ARRT (N) (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists).
2. Must have basic knowledge of pharmaceutical preparation, computer acquisition and theory of nuclear medicine.
1. Works in a hospital office and patient environment.
2. Will be exposed to numerous disease processes as well as low level radiation exposure.
3. Must be able to report to work location within 30 minutes when On C all.
1. May encounter frequent lifting and maneuvering of patient during exams.
2. May require standing or walking for extended periods of time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The below statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel occupying this position.
1. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
- Prepares and administers appropriate radio pharmaceutical in order to achieve optimal exam.
- Operates computers and scanning equipment to obtain optimal images based on radiologist approval.
- Responsible for emergency call and responds in appropriate time.
- Responsible for completing therapies and consultations.
- Maintains strict patient exam records for daily and quarterly procedures.
- Responsible for meeting standards of the Nuclear Regulatory C ommission to demonstrate appropriate low level waste disposal records.
- Responsible for entering data in exam result fields in Radiology Information System.
- Knows how to appropriately use dose management system in Syntrac.
- Operates the PAC S and Nighthawk to review and edit studies.
- Always follows all hospital radiation safety regulations to ensure patient and personal safety.
- Wears radiation badges at all times and submits for monthly testing.
- Wears lab coat at all times.
- Performs daily and weekly tests on equipment as required by state and NRC.
- Attends department meetings.
- Pursues ongoing continuing education, such as seminars.
- Attends annual Radiation Safety Meeting.
- Maintains current certifications.
- Completes other job-related duties and projects as assigned
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- Anticipates and takes proactive steps to ensure customer’s needs are met
- Places courtesy and service above routine and goes beyond customer expectations
- Keeps patient/work environment neat and clean
- Understands and applies job-related aspects of patient safety and identifies, reports and corrects safety concerns as quickly as possible
- Keeps others well informed
- Practices active listening
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships
- Uses problem solving techniques to resolve issues and makes decisions within personal sphere of influence
- Seeks to understand patient's experience
- Demonstrates integrity and strong business ethics
- Utilizes time and resources in a prudent manner
- Strives to continually improve department processes and services
- Projects professional image through enthusiasm towards work, behavior and appearance
- Demonstrates Beacon values verbally and through actions
- Displays and exhibits caring behaviors with each interaction
- Demonstrates self-awareness and sensitivity to the perceptions of others
- Listens carefully to input and concerns and takes appropriate action
- Interacts with dissatisfied customers in a calm, respectful manner and seeks resolutions
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Fosters a sense of trust and collaboration among associates
- Verbal and written communications are clear and effective
- Responds to change in a positive manner
Associate complies with the following organizational requirements:
- Attends and participates in department meetings and is accountable for all information shared.
- Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department specific education within established timeframes.
- Completes annual employee health requirements within established timeframes.
- Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing throughout fiscal year.
- Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by position/department.
- Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions, protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient and self.
- Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and compliance.
- Complies with established organization and department policies.
- Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or other shifts and schedules when required.
Commitment to Beacon's six-point Operating System, referred to as The Beacon Way:
- Leverage innovation everywhere.
- Cultivate human talent.
- Embrace performance improvement.
- Build greatness through accountability.
- Use information to improve and advance.
- Communicate clearly and continuously.