Managing Editor at Red Nova Learning, Inc.
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
RedNova Learning, part of Macmillan Education, produces English as a foreign language (EFL) materials for students and teachers in Latin America, East Asia, and the Middle East.
The Managing Editor takes responsibility for editorial processes for print and digital publishing from developed manuscript to publication to ensure that the material is of the highest quality, and is delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Manage the editorial workflow of the course from approved manuscript through to publication, including contributing to the preparation of sample materials, editorial costs and schedules required for Investment Approval, circulating proofs and digital releases, and coordinating component sign-offs.
- Create and manage detailed editorial schedules for all the components of a project or a number of projects
- Help to create and maintain supplementary documentation including style sheets, page plans, media logs, archive handover documents and authoring templates as required
- Be responsible for monitoring and tracking all editorial costs
- Engage, brief, and proactively manage freelance editorial staff and suppliers as required according to the needs of the project (including reviews of freelancer work for quality control purposes)
- Ensure the editorial data on company systems is accurate and up-to-date and all required editorial documents are uploaded in a timely fashion
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Skills, experience, and qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in publishing (ELT setting an advantage)
- Experience of managing multiple components simultaneously in a publishing environment
- Experience of working with company systems and data and a willingness to learn and fully engage with all such systems
- Experience working in cross functional project teams
- Strong organizational and editorial skills (copyediting and proofreading)
- Knowledge of publishing processes for print and digital
- Competent with all main office applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.)
- The ability to manage a varied and demanding workload
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Knowledge of ELT markets, publishing and/or teaching
- Experience of working in an educational setting, ELT would be an advantage
- A genuine interest in ELT/language learning and more general education
Please submit your application by June 30, 2018.
Please upload your current CV with a cover letter when applying..
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
For more information, visit our website at http://www.rednovalearning.com.
RedNovaLearning Inc. is part of Springer Nature.Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: