Account Project Manager at American Tower Corporation
Posted in Real Estate 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
The Account Project Manager (“APM”) drives all collocation applications through collocation and ancillary processes in order to ensure excellent customer service and quality deliverables. The incumbent will serve as the project manager, coordinating with internal teams on project-specific tasks and resolving project-related contingencies that must be completed to process customer applications. The incumbent must utilize excellent time management skills to effectively manage a high volume of daily tasks and outstanding deliverables through a number of reporting tools, including but not limited to On-air Access, Salesforce.com, Siterra, Cognos, OASIS, Oracle, Noetix, and Ad Hoc Reporting. The incumbent is also responsible for updating customers and management regarding the progress of all pending projects.
- Serve as single customer point of contact with direct project management responsibilities of all leasing activities, from customer application creation through installation closeout, which includes tracking and completing project-related activities and providing forecasts as to when milestones will be achieved.
- Plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the collocation projects.
- Manage the relationship with the customer and all stakeholders.
- Measure project performance using siterra and cognos and other applicable reporting.
- Report and escalate to upper management on project status as needed.
- Manage and forecast a national amendment budget for lease execution and commenced revenue in salesforce.com.
- Work with customers to understand, document, and analyze their network requirements
- Train customers on systems and tools and explanation of industry related deliverables where needed.
- Facilitate meetings and conference calls with customers and/or internal stakeholders to report progress on project milestones and also gather information to complete required deliverables.
- Provide leadership and motivation to cross functional partners throughout the project life cycle.
- Serve as a liaison between sales, legal and engineering teams and the customer as needed.
- Team with Area Sales and Strategic Sales Representatives to provide a first-rate customer experience focused on a consistent, predictable, and unified account/segment business approach
- Ensure contractual obligations are satisfied throughout the collocation leasing process, including but not limited to rights of first refusal, FAA/FCC, environmental, and land lease compliance, and pre-existing user rights.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of customer master contracts, market-level agreements, and pricing guidelines so that customer agreement specifics, fees and pricing estimates can be calculated and communicated to the customer.
- Leverage effective negotiation skills to drive asset integrity solutions through project-specific back bill negotiations, i.e., overcome customer objections and/or obstacles.
- Champion customer issues, challenges and opportunities internally while providing excellent customer service
Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects and meet timelines that require cross-functional team collaboration and ensure continuous communication with all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to analyze customer trends and provide accurate forecasts.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated; able to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others to provide well-rounded and thoughtful information and solutions
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in position that involved customer interaction and support required
- 1-3 years Project management experience or equivalent required
- Wireless industry experience preferred
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the position’s expectations and responsibilities are met.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.