Sr. Construction Project Manager - Eden Prairie, MN at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Real Estate 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Serve as the functional expert in grocery store construction and remodeling. Responsibilities span across scope development, bidding, pre-construction and construction to retail merchandising support and close out process.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities: Manage new store construction and major store remodeling projects for SVU owned retail, franchisees and independent owner/operators.
- Coordinate and lead on-site surveys of new store and remodel projects including review of facilities for potential acquisition of grocery, pharmacy and liquor stores
- Develop and manage project scope and preliminary cost estimates. Provide value engineering recommendations when necessary.
- Provide input and recommendations to ensure that financial, marketing, and merchandising objectives are met. Work with owners, operations and project teams (architects, store planners and designers) to develop scope of work.
- Review architectural working drawings, specifications, and equipment lists for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency. Solicit proposals for services, negotiate fees, and oversee contract preparation. Assemble and approve contractor bidder lists for each assigned project.
- Coordinate and direct vendors, suppliers, architects, designers, and contractors to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Schedule and approve store equipment and fixture setup activities to ensure timely occupancy of store including: delivery and installation of equipment, utility connections, refrigeration startup, receipt of all required occupancy licenses, and working with store operations to receive merchandise. Perform site visits and lead local construction teams at key milestones during the critical path (i.e. Weekly Checklist, Turnover, Opening, Post-Open Punch list, etc.)
- Act as a resource to store operations, and store owners to assist in warranty repair and maintenance needs
- Working experience with Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Experience with review and execution of lease documents. Understanding of permit process with cities, health departments and other governmental agencies.
- Ability to read construction documents.
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships and communications with clients and to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying levels of complexity. Ability to work in a fast-paced office setting that requires a great deal of interaction among associates, executives and internal/external customers.
- Demonstrate understanding of capital budgets, ROI and post mortem assessments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Strong presentation skills required.
- Excellent time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills. Adaptable to change.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.