Editor - Transportation Publishing at JJ Keller
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: neenah, Wisconsin
Requisition #: 10092
Functional Area: Editorial/Writing; Office/Clerical; Transportation
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Neenah, WI, US
Work Options: Work at Position location specified above only
Division: Editorial Resources
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Work Hours: Standard business hours, Monday through Friday
Travel Requirement: Up to 10%
The purpose of this position is to develop new content and update existing content within stock products and custom projects in J. J. Keller's Transportation Publishing team, as well as provide expertise through written and oral expression via internal and external communication outlets. This position will also serve as a subject matter resource for other individuals and departments in the company and for external customers/clients/business partners. Incumbents will be required to develop and maintain in-depth knowledge.
- Researches, writes, reviews and/or edits material for guides/manuals, handbooks, newsletters and on-line services.
- Provides regulatory knowledge, product knowledge and training support to external customers via phone and e-mail.
- Suggests new products/services and revisions of existing products/services.
- Actively seeks to stay current with trends and specific developments in assigned subject areas in order to facilitate the above responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in a field related to assigned subject matter.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, two years of additional related experience may be considered.
- 1+ years of experience as a researcher, writer or editor in a deadline-oriented publishing or research environment or as a practitioner in assigned market/subject area.
- Knowledge/experience with the transportation marketing and/or regulatory topics is a plus
- Experience developing written materials.
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe InCopy and Content Management Systems preferred.
- Editing, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated ability to master complex subject matter
- Ability to translate technical requirements into layman terms.
- Ability to plan projects and meet deadlines, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge/experience with assigned market/regulatory topics a plus.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for extended periods of time.
J. J. Keller is a certified Great Workplace by Great Place to Work®. We care about improving the lives of J. J. Keller associates and their families through benefits like our LIFE Wellness program. The program includes an onsite fitness center, a health clinic, subsidized cafeterias, educational sessions and tools, company-sponsored walks, and honoring wellness champions in the organization to promote a focus on wellness.
View our CAREERS video to learn more about being a Difference Maker at J. J. Keller!
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.! If you experience system-related issues or need assistance with the online application, please call (920) 720-7700.
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.