Executive Editor, Content Studio at THE HEARST CORPORATION
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Hearst Digital Media is seeking an Executive Editor for our Branded Content Studio, HearstMade.com. This position will be based in New York, report in to HMDM’s Senior Director of the Content Studio, and will be responsible for managing the team or writers and editors, creating and delivering branded content across the portfolio of Hearst’s sites, including Elle.com, Esquire.com, and Cosmopolitan.com. Strong editing skills and experience managing a fast-moving team are required.
- Responsible for story assigning, editing, and running editorial workflow
- Manage deadlines and content production for a team of 6
- Oversee the packaging for all stories, top edit and read all content
- Comfortable and confident backing up editorial decisions with both data and judgment
- Up to speed on best practices around socially-driven storytelling
- Manage HearstMade.com and brand partnership pages
- Particularly versed in beauty and fashion, but comfortable directing content across all verticals
- At least 8 years writing and editing experience in digital media
- Keen sense of story and what makes engaging content online
- A passion for online trends, with a particular aptitude for social media
- Experienced in visual storytelling, with a focus on how design and imagery work best online
- Robust network of freelancers to call upon
- Versed in using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.