Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Torrington, Connecticut
Log back in!
PRODUCTION WORKER (PROCESS OPERATOR) 1ST AND 2ND SHIFTS
PRODUCTION WORKER (PROCESS OPERATOR) 1ST AND 2ND SHIFTS
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
FuelCell Energy is transforming the world s energy landscape by delivering clean and efficient solutions for the supply, recovery and storage of energy. We thrive on innovation as our fuel cell power plants provide answers to some of the industry s biggest challenges, such as generating a virtually pollutant-free and affordable supply of electric power within cities, reducing carbon emissions from coal and gas-fired power stations, and producing hydrogen for transportation, industry and utility-scale energy storage. Our unique mission requires a diverse, energetic and creative workforce, and our shared passion for a cleaner energy future is the foundation of our Company s culture. We take pride in what we have accomplished and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions that address energy, environmental and economic challenges for power users and communities world-wide.
With SureSource installations on three continents and millions of megawatt hours of ultra-clean power produced, FuelCell Energy is a global leader with environmentally responsible power solutions.
Join our team and contribute to a brighter, cleaner energy future.
Position: Process Operator
Starting Salary: $14.00 hour + Shift Differential (2nd= 10%)
Location: Torrington, CT
Based out of our recently expanded, climate controlled manufacturing facility Process Operators work primarily in teams within specified manufacturing process areas. They are responsible for the manufacture and assembly of our specialized Fuel Cell components.
Process Operators will receive on the job training to perform a variety of hands-on, manual, semi-automated and automated processes requiring a high degree of precision and quality. This position offers varied and rotating work assignments consisting of multiple tasks as well as cross training between jobs and departments.
* Report to work on time, ready and willing to learn.
* Follow detailed work instructions (WI) and operator control procedures (OCP) to meet quality and production requirements.
* Have a sense of responsibility, pride and ownership for your work.
* Operate every day in a safe manner, following all safety protocols so that you leave work in the same condition you arrive every day.
* Interact and communicate in a positive and respectful manner with all coworkers, managers, and internal/external customers.
* Support and be supported by your teammates in all aspects of the operation.
* Participate in and contribute to process improvements.
* Demonstrate willingness to perform other duties as assigned, including working overtime when necessary.
* Minimum HS Diploma or GED required. Trade School or Military experience is a plus.
* 1+ years of previous manufacturing experience strongly preferred; experience working in warehouse, construction or other fast-paced, on your feet environment will also be considered.
* Proven track record of good attendance and reporting to work on time as scheduled.
* Ability to follow work directions, as provided, verbally and in written form (in English).
* Ability to learn to use electronically controlled equipment and precision measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, etc. Computer skills helpful.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team-based environment
* Attention to detail
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
* Lifting, pushing, pulling and placement of manufacturing parts on a repeated basis, which may have a weight of up to 25 lbs. (or more with assistance)
* Ability to remain on feet and move from area to area within the Plant for a minimum period of eight (8) hours, with designated breaks (no tasks allow operators to sit while being performed)
* Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks with full range of motion with both hands/arms: motions include circular, up and down, back and forth, side to side and overhead
* Ability to work with, and around, chemicals, including but not limited to nickel based compounds, adhesives and solvent
Equal Opportunity Employer - Vet/Disability
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
Employment with FCE is subject to pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation.
No agency submissions please. Resumes submitted to any FuelCell Energy employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the FuelCell Energy Recruiting team for this position will become the property of FuelCell Energy and no agency fees will be paid.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all U.S. job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com or contact us by calling 203-205-2070. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.
NOTE: This dedicated phone line and email address are designed Exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be acknowledged. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed