Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Chester, Ohio
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager jobs at Kimberly Clark / West Chester, OH
Customer Development jobs at Kimberly Clark / West Chester, OH
The role would be responsible for strategically conducting joint business planning with buyers, category managers and other key stakeholders to drive positive volume and profit growth for K-C categories. Strategically incorporate brand tactics, vision, strategies, and category and trade management utilizing cross-functional resources and data sources, with general understanding of marketing place dynamics in class trade strategies. Implement K-C brand strategies and tactics to drive profitable net sales growth by managing mid and senior level customer relationships. Manage and communicate regularly with internal customers in brand and sales strategy. Quarterback day to day direction ensuring profitable growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate and strategically apply consumer industry and cross-category knowledge and expertise. Strategically organize and develop quarterly and annual plans to drive weekly and monthly prioritizations of key development activities and projects to achieve superior management of business operations. Arrange meetings with customer executives.
2. Keep team leader informed on status of plans and programs, changing conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activity, issues and accomplishments that may affect sales results. Develop alternative courses of action. Consider alternatives, risk management and impact of alternatives.
3. Express knowledge of systems, situation statuses, procedures and culture of company. Promptly reconcile and communicate changes and conduct team adjustment to new changes. Adjust to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations.
4. Render judgments and make timely decisions in alignment with business objectives.
5. Independently set priorities and proactively identify issues, underlying problems, magnitude of situations and potential solutions and developing a plan of action. Precisely communicate in prompt timely manner with various levels of workers (include international relationships, if applicable).
Education required: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: 7-10+ years’ progressive exempt status experience in business, customer management and customer development or equivalent in other business functions. Proficient in statistics and quantitative business analysis. Fundamental and in many cases, advanced financial/budget, trade and customer (shopper) marketing, P&L management, and customer development proficiency are expected.
Preferred Experience/Qualifications: CPG Non-food related sales leadership experience. Broad knowledge of K-C organizational structure, products and categories and Customer Development policies and procedures and knowledge of One K-C Behaviors. Knowledge of Integrated Customer Business Planning Process and operations of Business Planner software.
Skills/Competencies: Results-oriented, business planning, financial acumen, strategy and vision orientation, leadership, strong oral and written communication, ethical judgment and decision making, change management, trade investment, merchandising, shopper marketing, analytical, project and risk management, communications and influence, negotiations, and building key relationships
Other Skills: Sales, cross-functional, persuasive, prioritization and time management, resources and team management, complex problem solving, active listening, coaching, adaptability and social perspectives. Clear demonstration of consistent One K-C behaviors. Strong and applicable display of emotional intelligence including strong listening skills, ability to process, understand and demonstrate application of work functions of other team members, self-awareness, and strong senior leader presence
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Vice President General Manager of Sales – Customer Team Kroger
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manage varying dollar volume (minimum of $200MM Gross Sales annually), customer segmentation, category rankings and K-C products and categories. Responsible for application of sales policies and procedures. Comprehensive knowledge of corporate marketing and distribution operations to ensure volume and contribution objectives
Primary work and customer location is in West Chester, OHa. Travel may include business travels via aircrafts and motor vehicles to various locations (10-20% of work time). May include prolonged periods of sitting, typing, viewing computer/laptop screens, along with occasional bending, reaching, lifting and carrying up to ~50 pounds
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.