Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Job Description SummaryCoordinate services for clients and in-house guest and provide administrative and sales support for the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
- Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
- May coordinate outside vendor services needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
Additional Job Description
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1 year experience in a sales/catering office or related field. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English.
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside the facility
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25lbs
- Type at least 50wpm; proficient PC computer skills
- Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
- Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Sonesta Resort is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.